Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fox Sports Off Season Rankings

mistahsmif

Shorcut:

22. Washington Redskins

In a few months, we may look back on this off-season as addition by subtraction. Gone are many of the high-profile acquisitions from previous seasons — David Patten, Troy Vincent, John Hall, Adam Archuleta, and T.J. Duckett. In comes proven talents Jason Fabini and London Fletcher-Baker. The Fred Smoot signing will bring a reunion for the former Redskins star and his old team. Then Washington went out and had a pretty productive NFL Draft. Patient, they used their only Day 1 pick on LaRon Landry, and picked up intriguing prospects H.B. Blades and Jordan Palmer on Day 2. At no point, though, both through free agency and the draft did the 'Skins address their putrid defensive line.

Biggest gain: London Fletcher-Baker, LB

Biggest loss: Derrick Dockery, OG

Shorcut:

22. Washington Redskins

In a few months, we may look back on this off-season as addition by subtraction. Gone are many of the high-profile acquisitions from previous seasons — David Patten, Troy Vincent, John Hall, Adam Archuleta, and T.J. Duckett. In comes proven talents Jason Fabini and London Fletcher-Baker. The Fred Smoot signing will bring a reunion for the former Redskins star and his old team. Then Washington went out and had a pretty productive NFL Draft. Patient, they used their only Day 1 pick on LaRon Landry, and picked up intriguing prospects H.B. Blades and Jordan Palmer on Day 2. At no point, though, both through free agency and the draft did the 'Skins address their putrid defensive line.

Thanks for the shortcut!

I didn't realize Troy Vincent was a high profile aquisition. - I always thought he was a in-season pick up due to injury.

I would tape these words "their putrid defensive line. " on every D-linemen's locker

I have to say that considering the DL getting beat up constantly in the media may prove to be just a huge motivating factor for them as a unit. I know that they read papers and watch ESPN. Great, can't wait, Carter is going to have a great year, I predict.

I agree it is a fair assesment of the Redskins. However, to rank 49ers as #2, Okland that high, Chicago that low and Indianapolis in the bottom half - is unbelievable. I don't even talk about many more teams ranked way out of their place. While majority of us, Redskins fans, like the way he ranked Redskins, I am sure many other fans dwould not like thess rankings. I would actually question the whole thing...

I agree it is a fair assesment of the Redskins. However, to rank 49ers as #2, Okland that high, Chicago that low and Indianapolis in the bottom half - is unbelievable. I don't even talk about many more teams ranked way out of their place. While majority of us, Redskins fans, like the way he ranked Redskins, I am sure many other fans dwould not like thess rankings. I would actually question the whole thing...

You do realize that they are ranking offseasons right not powerrankings for the season. Niners had probably then number 2 offseason behind NE.

Troy Vincent and David Patten were high profile acquisitions? Looks like the guy just needed to fill space on a page. This ranking is fine. Once we unveil the new UberCampbell to the world, things will change. Oh yes, they will change.

How this dolt was given the reigns to Fox Sports annual off season rankings is beyond me. These rankings are probably the worst i have ever seen by an appointed professional.

Chicago #27? San Diego #24??? Baltimore#23? Indianapolis #19???? Seriously?

This is as far as I needed to dig.

Edit to say: jpyaks3 is exactly right. Excuse my rant.

Shorcut:

22. Washington Redskins

missed a little

Biggest loss: Derrick Dockery, OG Are they in better shape than they were in January? Absolutely. Clinton Portis is back and healthy, Jason Campbell has a full year under his belt, and the defense picks up two instant playmakers in LaRon Landry and London Fletcher-Baker. H.B. Blades will surprise some folks, as well. Betts and Portis could emerge as a top running back combination if Al Saunders manages egos right.

I didn't realize Troy Vincent was a high profile aquisition. - I always thought he was a in-season pick up due to injury.

I would tape these words "their putrid defensive line. " on every D-linemen's locker

:laugh:, yeah...thats alot of motivation

Archived