Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

*EDIT* Jerry Falwell Dead

OrangeSkin

Wasn't a fan of his either, but now he is up preaching in god's ear and giving him a headache... :laugh:

... or Satan's :paranoid:

I don't know what Apartheid is and I don't care.

I kind of get the feeling that you'd care a little if you knew what it was.

What will the reaction at your death be? My bet is on crickets chirping and only your family reacting.

The plus side to that being that you probably weren't regarded as a notorious, insufferable douche by many in your lifetime.

Harsh? Yeah... but I'm not forgetting some of the things he said just because he died.

I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way, all of them who have tried to secularize America. I point the finger in their face and say 'you helped this happen'.

"'Originally Posted by Jerry Falwell After 9/11

I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way, all of them who have tried to secularize America. I point the finger in their face and say 'you helped this happen'."

I agree with this statement some what, but above that the biggest and most important one missing from that list would be "the church"... For not being what it is suppose to be.

He was one of the greatest salesmen of our era.

I wonder how many vacuums he could have moved.

To be honest, I think non-Christians cared more about what he said then Christians did. Most Baptists I know didn't pay any attention to him.

A few more Jerry quotes to whet your whistle:

If you're not a born-again Christian, you're a failure as a human being.
AIDS is the wrath of a just God against homosexuals. To oppose it would be like an Israelite jumping in the Red Sea to save one of Pharoah's chariotters.
We're fighting against humanism, we're fighting against liberalism ... we are fighting against all the systems of Satan that are destroying our nation today ... our battle is with Satan himself.
The Jews are returning to their land of unbelief. They are spiritually blind and desperately in need of their Messiah and Savior.
But these things speak evil of those things, verse 10 [reading from Jude] which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves. Look at the Metropolitan Community Church today, the gay church, almost accepted into the World Council of Churches. Almost, the vote was against them. But they will try again and again until they get in, and the tragedy is that they would get one vote. Because they are spoken of here in Jude as being brute beasts, that is going to the baser lust of the flesh to live immorally, and so Jude describes this as apostasy. But thank God this vile and satanic system will one day be utterly annihilated and there'll be a celebration in heaven.
There is no separation of church and state. Modern US Supreme Courts have raped the Constitution and raped the Christian faith and raped the churches by misinterpreting what the Founders had in mind in the First Amendment to the Constitution.
It appears that America's anti-Biblical feminist movement is at last dying, thank God, and is possibly being replaced by a Christ-centered men's movement which may become the foundation for a desperately needed national spiritual awakening.
The idea that religion and politics don't mix was invented by the Devil to keep Christians from running their own country.
AIDS is not just God's punishment for homosexuals; it is God's punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals.

I have no respect for Falwell. It has nothing to do with being a "bigot" or disrespecting the beliefs of others. He was a hate mongerer who'd have the United States living under Christian Taliban rule in a second. Everyone should be glad that he didn't wield more influence while he was alive.

Originally Posted by Jerry Falwell After 9/11

I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way, all of them who have tried to secularize America. I point the finger in their face and say 'you helped this happen'

Is there something wrong with thhis statement?

I bet the gays caused this too! Just like Katrina and 9-11…..

Can’t say I care on bit that he is dead at all – he was a bigot. I am not happy about it, but I am not sad about it either.

To be honest, I think non-Christians cared more about what he said then Christians did. Most Baptists I know didn't pay any attention to him.

So the non-Christians would have bought more of his vacuums than the Christians?

Anyway, I'd take Tony Robbins in a head-to-head vacuum selling contest.

Originally Posted by Jerry Falwell After 9/11

I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way, all of them who have tried to secularize America. I point the finger in their face and say 'you helped this happen'

Is there something wrong with thhis statement?

:doh: So Sarge, you believe that 9/11 happened because of homosexuals and feminists?

I believe part of why the arab world hates us is because of the lifestyle they perpetuate

Really makes ya wonder why Sweden, Norway, Denmark, and all those other wacky lib countries aren't under constant attack, doesn't it?

Really makes ya wonder why Sweden, Norway, Denmark, and all those other wacky lib countries aren't under constant attack, doesn't it?
They don't seem too fond of our Christian leadership, either.

I did say " part of the reason"

And you should look up what's going on in Denmark with the RoP

I believe part of why the arab world hates us is because of the lifestyle they perpetuate

So they hate the freedom that America stands for so that people can believe, say and live there lives in the style that is best for them.

If you want us to stop living in America like that – that’s your opinion. But I like our freedoms just fine.

I did say " part of the reason"

And you should look up what's going on in Denmark with the RoP

Sarge, I don't get it. Are we supposed to cede to the terrorists and execute every homosexual and feminist simply because that's the part of their ideology that YOU agree with?

Otherwise, let's worship the Christian God, drive SUVs, and guzzle Budweiser all day!

Talk about cherry picking.

Archived