Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

i love h.b. blades already!

communion5

Exactly - if he plays like he did in college, do NOT be surprised to see him take over MLB duties by midseason. He's basically a younger version of Fletcher.

No, he was correct - its Lumsden.

i think the coaches are going to love this guy. if fletcher is healthy i dont see him coming off the field, but i can see us running a variation of the 3-4 defense.

Oh, come on lol :laugh:...Fletcher is a bonafide STUD at MLB, a veteran leader and he KNOWS Williams' defense. If Blades plays lights-out, all it will mean is that the Skins will KNOW they have the MLB spot sewn up for the next 5+ years...but it will not mean they'll yank Fletcher lol.

Because veterans never lose a step? Listen, I really want Fletcher to work out for the best, but he's never been injured in 9 seasons and he's going to be 32 in two weeks. Its a fact of life - players slow down.

The only way that happens is if Fletcher gets hurt. I know you don't want that to happen.

Best case, he watches and learns from London for the next 2 seasons, then hits the ground running.

MLB position for the next 10 yrs.......check.

Of course I don't want Fletcher to get hurt. Let me put it this way - I don't WANT Blades to be our starting MLB this year, but I would not be surprised to see it happen. The kid has something to prove.

he's never been injured in 9 seasons and he's going to be 32 in two weeks. Its a fact of life - players slow down.

He hasn't been injured so he shouldnt' be slowing down anytime soon. It's the injuries that pile up that causes the slowing down more than turning 32.

Because veterans never lose a step? Listen, I really want Fletcher to work out for the best, but he's never been injured in 9 seasons and he's going to be 32 in two weeks. Its a fact of life - players slow down.

It wasn't about Blades replacing Fletcher because of injury--there was no mention of Fletcher's age or Fletcher being injured or anything of the sort. It was Blades replacing Fletcher because he's THAT good...and that's not gonna happen lol. No effin' way.

And for the record, exactly when did 32 become over the hill?

He hasn't been injured so he shouldnt' be slowing down anytime soon. It's the injuries that pile up that causes the slowing down more than turning 32.

Exactly. There isn't anything, anywhere, in Fletcher's career to cause anyone to assume he'll "lose" enough "steps" to cause a 6th round pick to replace him by midseason. He's been healthy, he's been ridiculously productive, he's been durable and he's been reliable throughout his entire career. Turning 32 doesn't negate all of that.

.........do NOT be surprised to see him take over MLB duties by midseason.....

Whoooa! Easy partner! I love H.B. Blades too but damn! I think H.B. was a steal in the 6th and he had a very very productive career at Pitt but I don't think he's going to take Fletcher's job yet. I think he is going to learn behind Fletcher and will be taking very valuable notes from a guy who got it done at the same size for 9 years in the league. I don't think it will be in our best interest to bench our newly acquired free agent linebacker for a younger inexperience version of the same guy. Fletcher hasn't even seen the field yet. Give Fletcher a chance. I hope Fletcher and Blades get close and Blades learning curve gets accelerated by Fletcher's tutelage and is able to take over after 2-3 years when Fletcher calls it a career or if Fletcher has a setback and gets hurt.

HB is a freaking monster,the kid is a complete stud,and with out a shadow of a doubt he was a steal in the draft.

this guy will be replacing fletcher soon.mock my word after preseason people on here will be talking about starting Blades.

i watch this kid play in college ,and he is a str8 beast

Archived