Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So what is the goal for the other 4 picks?

artmonkforHOF

Everyone expects Landry to start at some point and have an impact on the field, but what about the other 4 picks? what is sucess with these guys? All 4 make the team, and 2 either start or are a quality back up? 3 make the team and one is a special teamer? We sign 2 and just hope one can crack the ST's by mid season?

the two linebackers will ndoubtly make the team. sartz should suceed washington while blades should suceed fletcher. the palmer kid is probally going to be looked at to be a backup quarterback. the tight end is a really nice blocker which is a plus for our run style and gives us depth behing cooley and yoder. he is also 6'6 and could be a redzone target. ALL of them should make the team in my opinion.

Sartz- make the team as a prominant special teams contributor and be in position to take over the starting SLB role from Washington in 2 years.

Blades- make the team as a prominant special teams contributor and be in position to take over the starting MLB role from Fletcher in 2 years.

Palmer- stick on the roster as a 3rd stringer and be in position to fill in if needed as Campbell's primary backup within two years.

Ecker- make the team as a prominant special teams contributor and learn to become the team's primary blocking TE (as opposed to H-back) in 1-2 years.

Sartz- make the team as a prominant special teams contributor and be in position to take over the starting SLB role from Washington in 2 years.

Blades- make the team as a prominant special teams contributor and be in position to take over the starting MLB role from Fletcher in 2 years.

Palmer- stick on the roster as a 3rd stringer and be in position to fill in if needed as Campbell's primary backup within two years.

Ecker- make the team as a prominant special teams contributor and learn to become the team's primary blocking TE (as opposed to H-back) in 1-2 years.

I like the optimism but that would actually require our coaching staff to devlop some young players.

Sartz and Blades should both make the team, and Sartz should be a force on special teams. Blades won't play too much, maybe some special teams, but I would like him to plant himself in the film room and study that playbook because the quicker he masters our defense the quicker he can see signifigcant playing time. I expect a lot of good things from these two guys.

Palmer may make the team as a 3rd string, he's gonna have to outplay Bramlet and hope Collins hangs up his cleats.

Ecker has an outside chance, but it's likely that one of these undrafted kids beats him out, or a team releases a veteran TE after June 1 that we pick up.

Palmer may make the team as a 3rd string, he's gonna have to outplay Bramlet and hope Collins hangs up his cleats.

I don't know if outplaying will even come into consideration. Bramlet outplayed Palmers older brother in the pre-season when he was with Cincy (he actually had the highest QB rating on the team). But he was cut in favor of "hometown" kid Krenzel, who had the worst rating. I really hope Collins calls it quits, and I hope they give Bramlet some time under center this preseason.

Just making the team would be a success, although I would hope at least one of the two LBs would get some playing time other than on ST.

Blades is gonna be a beast. He's gonna make the team and could be starting as soon as next season.

I look for Blades to be the backup MLB to Fletcher for the next 2 years and then take over for him, meanwhile being a ST contributor. Sartz should make the team as a ST player and 3rd down pass rusher, at 6"5 and rangy he is ideal in that spot. Palmer has all the talent, if he performs well in camp I look for us to cut Collins to save some cap room and to get younger. Ecker is actually pretty solid, I follow the big 10 and he is a decent player, I wouldn't be surprised to see him make it depending on if we pick up anyone after June 1st, although I doubt he is anything more than a backup. Overall, we appeared to have a plan in place and get guys that will have specific roles.

Archived