Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

planned 1st visit to DC from the UK

Head Hog UK

Hi guys

After supporting the Redskins since I was 11 It looks like I will be finally getting to my first Redskins game this autumn ! Although I haven't decided on what game yet I will be in NY for one weekend and DC for the other with the week split in between the games.

My main reason for posting is to ask your advice on a couple of things :-

1.Both myself and my buddy I'm travelling with play (American) football here in the UK (He's a Dolphins fan but other than that he's a great bloke,sadly our playoffs are on the opening weekend). We both stand 6'3 to 6'4 tall and are around 300lbs. I've read on the net on a few sites that 100 and 200 series seats are pretty cramped and for this reason I'm thinking of club seats. Can you please advise if what I've heard is true and if the club seats have that much extra room and are worth the extra cash ? What extra facilities do you get in club ?

2.The official Redskins VIP tailgate. Has anyone ever been to it and is it worth the $75 or whatever it costs ? The all you can eat part appeals to me:laugh: also mentions autographs so I'm assuming you get ex Skins players there ?.Other than the official one are there any public tailgates outside the stadium,by that ones where anyone can drop in ?

3.Read some horror stories about traffic and parking. Is public transport the best option ?

I'm not a rich man but I don't mind paying to make sure my first visit to see the Skins is a great experience and not one where I'm crushed in a seat thats too small etc.

Any comments or answers to the above would be a great help,thanks in advance for your replies !!!!!:cheers:

Hog,

Hope things go well with your visit. You should ask the mods to move this thread to The Stadium. I think you'll get a much better turnout with your Q&A in that forum.

The only thing I will address is the seats. I'm 6'4 myself, and I've never had a problem. If you were going to one of the older stadiums I'd tell you to be concerned. But I don't think you'll have problems at FedEx. If I'm wrong, someone correct me. :)

I wouldn't worry about the seat space, I've sat next to many overweight people and the only thing that bothers me is the stench :laugh: I'm 6'6, and I'm fine. The only cramped feeling you should get would be leg room, width isnt too bad.

Unless you want the luxury of sitting in the club level, its not worth it. The club levels fans are dull compared to everywhere else and you won't have as fun as a time.

And no, traffic isn't bad because the stadium is right off the beltway and everything usually moves smoothly.

Hi guys

After supporting the Redskins since I was 11 It looks like I will be finally getting to my first Redskins game this autumn ! Although I haven't decided on what game yet I will be in NY for one weekend and DC for the other with the week split in between the games.

My main reason for posting is to ask your advice on a couple of things :-

1.Both myself and my buddy I'm travelling with play (American) football here in the UK (He's a Dolphins fan but other than that he's a great bloke,sadly our playoffs are on the opening weekend). We both stand 6'3 to 6'4 tall and are around 300lbs. I've read on the net on a few sites that 100 and 200 series seats are pretty cramped and for this reason I'm thinking of club seats. Can you please advise if what I've heard is true and if the club seats have that much extra room and are worth the extra cash ? What extra facilities do you get in club ?

2.The official Redskins VIP tailgate. Has anyone ever been to it and is it worth the $75 or whatever it costs ? The all you can eat part appeals to me:laugh: also mentions autographs so I'm assuming you get ex Skins players there ?.Other than the official one are there any public tailgates outside the stadium,by that ones where anyone can drop in ?

3.Read some horror stories about traffic and parking. Is public transport the best option ?

I'm not a rich man but I don't mind paying to make sure my first visit to see the Skins is a great experience and not one where I'm crushed in a seat thats too small etc.

Any comments or answers to the above would be a great help,thanks in advance for your replies !!!!!:cheers:

Head Hog, definitely go for the club level seats. The views are unbeatable. It sounds like you may not be going to too many games so you may as well do it right. You will love DC, it is a great city. Enjoy yourself.

Thanxs for all the replies guys ! nice pic btw

It looks like its gonna be the Bears game, we are planning to take in 4 NFL games in 10 days,only one Skins game though cos of the group (its now grown:cheers: ) I'm the only one with any taste :D I cannot wait to get to see the Redskins play,I've been waiting for 25 years so a few more months won't hurt

Thanks for the advice, I'll probably have a few more questions nearer the time, one I have now though is do the cheerleaders do kegstands at the official tailgate ?:D

Archived