Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs Comment on Specific Player

ibrahim

Gibbs was asked during the draft briefing, "is there any guy in this draft that you have fallen in love with?" and Gibbs replied, with a chuckle, "Yes, there is a guy we have fallen in love with, but unfortunately, we can't get to him, as far as the required deal to get him goes." We don't need to be rocket scientists to figure out what this means right? I am thinking this means we want CJ but won't be able to get him. Personally I think that statement almost rules out the possibility of trading up for CJ. No?

Gibbs just said we would draft a guy we thought would be a perennial pro-bowler even if his position is crowded and he also said that he didn't think we have any huge needs where someone young could step in and take over. To me, it sounds like if a deal is possible for CJ they will go for it and from everything I've read, if they make the deal sweet enough they can do it.

That's not what he said.

He said that there was a couple of guys who he fell in love with, but unfortunitly, they can't take all of them.

Hmm, thats not what I heard, I'm pretty sure he said "...but unfortunately, we can't get to him, as far as the deal required goes."

Gibbs was asked during the draft briefing, "is there any guy in this draft that you have fallen in love with?" and Gibbs replied, with a chuckle, "Yes, there is a guy we have fallen in love with, but unfortunately, we can't get to him, as far as the required deal to get him goes." We don't need to be rocket scientists to figure out what this means right? I am thinking this means we want CJ but won't be able to get him. Personally I think that statement almost rules out the possibility of trading up for CJ. No?

Yeah, this is def. true. It reaffirms everyone's notion that the Skins really are interested in CJ. I really think that the Skins are trying to play down how much they want CJ. We'll see what happens...ugh, I'm going crazy trying to figure out what we're going to do. I think that we're going to end up with CJ or Landry, unless we trade down...which, then I could see us landing Branch.

P.S., Cerrato looks like a retarded Amish guy in this interview

From watching the film we are looking to trade down. If we do trade down we will look at team needs. If we stay at 6 we are picking based on BPA as far as Redskins rating.

If we stay at 6 I think we are going Landry from the football smarts, pro-bowler calibre talk (from Joe) that pick must deliver due cost. He also said we would pick a player (if at 6) even if we have depth there. I guess it depends on what offers are on the table on the day (that can't come soon enough, this shizzle is tiring lol).

He also said Golston and Montgomery were really hitting the weight room.... though he did get Monty's first name wrong until he corrected himself so maybe not that much of an impression made....

From watching the film we are looking to trade down. If we do trade down we will look at team needs. If we stay at 6 we are picking based on BPA as far as Redskins rating. If we stay at 6 I think we are going Landry from the football smarts, pro-bowler calibre talk (from Joe) that pick must deliver due cost. He also said we would pick a player (if at 6) even if we have depth there. I guess it depends on what offers are on the table on the day (that can't come soon enough, this shizzle is tiring lol).

He really played up one of the draft prospects having a great sense of humor and how great it would be for the clubhouse.

The secret of who they draft might be who is funnier Okoye, Landry or maybe its someone else?

If he did state that, maybe Gibbs is once again creating a smokescreen about our interest in CJ. I hate to pound home the "gentlemans agreement," but maybe he is laughing all the way to the bank over that question because an agreement may already be in place to bring CJ in should Oakland pass on him.

Maybe this isn't the right thread either, but I believe I read somewhere on KFFL that the Lions were only entertaining trade options for picks 3-10. Wouldn't this squash the PFT rumor about Denver being able to trade up to the 2nd pick, and suggest the validity of a preliminary agreement being in place?

Archived