Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Network: Top 10 Draft Classes of All-Time, Skins at #7

D'Pablo

Not sure it's on the 'Net, but I'll try and remember. I saw the show last night.

10. 1995 Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Derrick Brooks and Warren Sapp)

9. 1985 Buffalo Bills (Bruce Smith, Frank Reich, Andre Reed) If you really want a laugh, go check out who was drafted right before Andre Reed in the 4th round http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/years/1985

HAHAHAHAHAHA Buster Rhymes!!

Yes, but did they go to the Superbowl because Beathard built a great team, or was it because Ross coached up what he had? While Beathard deserves some credit for it, I think a larger share belongs to Ross.

1.) Beathard brought in Ross.

2.) Ross stunk up the joint in Detroit (I know, it's Detroit...), and never got another NFL gig. Compare this to Beathard - all 4 teams he worked for went to the SB, and 3 of them won multiple championships. SD stopped winning after Ross because Humphries had to retire from concussions, and Beathard, under pressure from the franchise to find a replacement, made his one colossal error drafting Ryan Leaf. Before everyone jumps on him for that, remember that Ron Wolf was behind the Raiders trade that sent us Jim Lachey for....Jay Schroeder! :laugh: Even the best have a miss here and there.

1.) Beathard brought in Ross.

He also got rid of Ross, if I remember correctly. His firing was more political than for his record as a coach.

2.) Ross stunk up the joint in Detroit (I know, it's Detroit...), and never got another NFL gig. Compare this to Beathard - all 4 teams he worked for went to the SB, and 3 of them won multiple championships. SD stopped winning after Ross because Humphries had to retire from concussions, and Beathard, under pressure from the franchise to find a replacement, made his one colossal error drafting Ryan Leaf. Before everyone jumps on him for that, remember that Ron Wolf was behind the Raiders trade that sent us Jim Lachey for....Jay Schroeder! :laugh: Even the best have a miss here and there.

Well, Ross went back to college, which isn't much of a surprise. College coaches often go back after coaching NFL.

Again, Beathard's record in SD is very underwhelming.

Jason

Archived