Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who here think A.Monk is getting the shaft for not being inducted in the hall?

michael_33

this will be his third year of waiting to see if he deserves this honor witch he is already long over-due.

Looking in my 1998 sports ALMENAC (only one i have)

He was second all-time in catches with 940 behind rice.

He was fifth all-time in yardage 12,721 behind rice,loften,ellard and largent.

and he's the first reciever (ever) to get 100 reception in one season.

And obviously at one point he was the all-time leading reciever in receptions and not sure about yards.

Now, explain to me why going on his third of eligability, he isn't in the hall of fame?

Could it have anything to do with the disaray of the franchise at this moment in time?

Or do they just think he wasn't good enough at football or signing footballs with sharpies?

Please comment on this!

Do anyone have an answer for this?

I agree 100% Art Monk should be a HOFer! His stats proved it, plus he broke Steve Largent's Records of most pass receptions and most consecutive games with a receptions. Largent made it into the HOF on his first ballot! :rolleyes:

I bet if Monk played for the Cowboys, 49ers or Packers he would be in. :soapbox:

My question is, How the hell does Lynn Swann get in before Monk? Yes Swanny was a clutch receiver and made spectacular catches in the big game, but doesn't it boil down to career numbers and consistency?

I Art doesn't get in, the HOF should be ashamed of itself.

I agree. The experts can knock Monk all they want and say this or that, but put his career stats up against Swans, and Monk should be a SURE HOFer.....I guess Art Monk needs to get a job as a sports analyst in order to boost his popularity first. Art Monk was to JErry Rice kind of like what Dominique Wilkins was to Michael Jordan(in the prime) a very, extremely close 2nd.

Archived