Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would it be stupid to sign a better veteran than S.matthews for emergency situations?

michael_33

I ask this because im assuming Shane is gone next year!

Would it be a bad idea to get a better QB than shane if he were to be fairly reasonable.

I see flutie leaving next year along with

either warner or bulger!yes i could see warner being released but doubtful!

testavedie

I mean these ARE possibilities that we could look at!

What do you guys think?

No. Definitely not stupid.

The big question mark is if or how soon will Ramses be ready to take over. If he looks like he's good to go next year, Waffle will be re-signed as the backup, and we'll gamble on drafting a late round mobile QB in the draft.

If we're not too sure on Ramsey, then we need a solid vet to handle '03 and maybe even '04. I wouldn't be surprised to see Plummer brought in. Testaverde's a possibility. He plays much better in a wide open game than the WCO Hackett's been implementing in NY. I think Warner and Bulger will both still be with the Rams next year. Bulger hasn't won a Superbowl, and Warner is looking fragile, so they'll want to keep both handy and decide on a starter as the season progresses. One of them will be available in '04 though. :fortune: :fortune: :pope: :pope:

Ya riggo, i agree with ya!

I've also noticed that Good ole REX GROSSMAN is far down on the draft board on QB's.

Do you think he might draft considering 1)they havn't been apart for very long and 2)he could get him with a lower draft pick?

Then compare REX and Ramsey in training camp!

Is this likey or what?

I'm not sure having the Redskins bringing in QBs is ever a bad idea. We ALWAYS seem to be desparate for help.

Personally, I'm not wild about Flutie because of his supposed unwillingness to accept a backup role. Maybe that was only a clash between he and Rob Johnson, but I'm real leery of him.

If Vinnie would be a backup, that sounds promising.

I don't care for Grossman. He's looked lousy all year. I don't see the attraction for him. I didn't before Spurrier came either.

You could bring in a lot of rookies (Day Two draft picks) and it wouldn't bother me. But Grossman will be a clear signal that Ramsey is not the guy.

I agree, go O-line and bolster it up for ramsey in the pocket next year, and throw in a couple of receivers. Don't waste a pick on a qb this draft, if ramsey sucks it up next year, draft Matt Schaub the following year from virginia!!!

acc player of the year, a junior, dead accurate, can run, and is only 6'5" 220lbs. GO hoos and flug all the bowl selection committees. :D

I think that DW will be a good back up for Ramsey. He looks to have the knowledge of the offense down and can help Ramsey while being able to come in and not "loose" a game or two if Ramsey goes down.

I think that Spurrier needs to bring in a young QB that he can mold for a couple of years in case the Ramsey situation does not work out.

Spend our time in the off season getting quality OL help and maybe a speedster to make Ramsey's downfield gun a reality rather than a possible threat.

Archived