Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

With the #31st pick the Washington Redskins select Tim Crowder

RIDETHEWALRUS

I watched him impress at the combine. I'm not sure if he's worthy of a first round selection though honestly. Crowder was one of the guys on my radar for a trade down scenario and would have considered him in the 3rd or possibly 2nd round. At #31 I would rather take Meariweather or Tank Tyler:2cents:

No, no, NO...

We want Justin Harrell, DT, Tennesse

Strengths:

Has good size with long arms and the frame to bulk up further...Athletic with solid speed and good quickness...Is mobile with pretty good range...Plays the run well and is a good tackler...Will penetrate and make plays in the backfield...Tough and will play through pain...May have some versatility...Hard worker...Top intangibles.

Weaknesses:

Has some health concerns and durability is a major question mark...He struggles to shed blockers...Has an inconsistent motor...Can use his hands better...Is not overly stout at the point...Is not real powerful and his good weight room strength does not always translate to the field...He never really had a breakout campaign.

Notes:

Missed the majority of his senior season with a ruptured biceps tendon but put off surgery for a week so he could help his team in a big game against Florida...Does everything well but doesn't really stand out in any one area...Might also project to defensive end in a 3-4 scheme...The Volunteers have a strong pro tradition when it comes to defensive tackles and Harrell will attempt to follow in the footsteps of John Henderson, Shaun Ellis, Darwin Walker, Rashad Moore and Jesse Mahelona

I like this guy too, but his stock is rising right now. I dont think he will be around at #31.

Crowder would be a solid pick at 31 if we are there and he is there.

it's so retarded to see people vouch for a player just because he went to their alma mater

The thing is most of us on here don't spend our days watching game film...unless a player is from our alma matter. I never went to UT, but living in Texas for a while I got to see Crowder play and the guy is a beast. Likely to be a steal, now someone in DC is not likely to recognize this because UT isn't featured on Comcast sports all that ofter.

On another note, shouldn't you wait until you have an alma matter before you call people retarded for supporting theirs???

True. The highest I have seen Crowder taken in a mock is the 5th or 6th pick in the 2nd round.

True. Charles Johnson and Victor Abirimiri are generally taken before Crowder in the various mocks.

True. I do see Crowder as being much better than the draft geeks give him cred for. However, I have seen draft geeks say that he may have already peaked (because he started 4 years), which is of course a terrible argument. I have seen many draft geeks say this guy can't get to the QB despite the fact that he has 10.5 sacks in his senior year to go along with 20 QB pressures. I have seen many draft gurus say he is to light and many others say he is phenomenal against the run. The truth of the matter is most draft gurus have never even seen tape rather they regurgitate what another guru said after regurgitating a different gurus words.

The fact about Crowder is he is a blue collar player. He brings his lunch pail to every game and does not take plays off. That is why his numbers are so solid, because when his opponent decides to take a break Crowder takes advantage. Guys like Gaines Adams and Alan Branch are more talented, but they do not have the work ethic. Both Adams and Branch take plays off so the draft gurus sit there and go "imagine if they didn't take plays off how amazing would they be then?"

Believe me I live in Austin, and I have seen a lot of Tim Crowder and he does take plays off, and he was never a dominant force considering some of the cup cake teams Texas has played this year, his numbers should have been better.

On another note, shouldn't you wait until you have an alma matter before you call people retarded for supporting theirs???

Why should he wait to have an alma matter to state that?

The reason we need a new DE is bc we need QB pressure, not another run stopper. Crowder doesn't sound like much of a pressure guy.

Vouching for alma matter players is pretty retarded and usually don't really merit much value in opinion for me.

Why should he wait to have an alma matter to state that?

The reason we need a new DE is bc we need QB pressure, not another run stopper. Crowder doesn't sound like much of a pressure guy.

Vouching for alma matter players is pretty retarded and usually don't really merit much value in opinion for me.

Funny thing about all these people who want a pass rushing DE is they ignore which side of the line they will be playing on. Andre Carter is our pass rushing DE on the weak side. We will be drafting a DE for the strong side who must be effective against the run. Crowder is excellent against the run and is actually fairly good at getting to the QB. He had 20 QB pressures last year and 10.5 sacks, not too shabby from a guy whose strength at the point of attack.

I understand why you would think vouching for alma matter players is retarded and usually (doesn't) really merit much value, but seeing a guy play does actually have a bit of value.

People tend to have a significantly greater knowledge of players from their alma matter. If we use Kenny Wright as an example we can see why. Kenny Wright started on the 4th best passing defense in the NFL in 2005. When we signed him as our #3 many here were estatic, a starting corner from a fantastic passing D. Must be a good signing right. No, the Jaguars fans who had seen him play frequently said he was a bum. How did they know this??? They watched him play while we presumed. Wright stunk it up and the "alma matter" (for the purposes of this argument) people were dead right.

Now simply saying all Terp players are going to be beasts in the NFL because they were Terps would be retarded (or "mentally handicapped" depending on who is reading this).

Believe me I live in Austin, and I have seen a lot of Tim Crowder and he does take plays off, and he was never a dominant force considering some of the cup cake teams Texas has played this year, his numbers should have been better.

I was here for the championship season and watched almost all the UT games. I remember Crowder being a farily consistent guy, who that year didn't seem to finish plays (hurried the QB frequently but never got there). I did not watch any games this year as I was abroad for most of it, but the highlight video and his stats showed him actually bringing the QB down instead of just pressuring him. His stats indicate he has progressed quite a bit over the years.

Archived