Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Could Joe Theismann be a coach???

FunBunch7

Before you go off on how ****y many think he is, just hear me out...

The guy has been in the NFL for 33 years, the last 19 being in the booth. Given his influence in the NFL, having to collect inside info on a weekly basis, and his up and down career...drafted by Miami, played in CFL, backup in Washington, Starter in Washington, Super Bowl winner, career ended by injury...he in many ways might be the type that could mentor an up and coming QB.

After watching the 1982 Redskins show last week in which it showed him organizing 7 on 7 drills during the strike year of 1982, and what he said about leadership, I am curious as to what type of a contribution he might make to an "NFL" coaching staff.

To me he is royalty. I am very disappointed that he is being replaced by MNF and it seems to be an insult for him to be offered a college "booth" job. Yeah, he went to Notre Dame and all but the guy is an "NFL" guy all the way. I would be very curious to see if he could be an asset to a team as a QB coach.

Too old to start now, i like where you're head's at but I don't think he would want to make that type of commitment at this point in his life...and as we all know Theismann is a pretty high class stylish individual, I can't really visualize him in a sweatshirt on the sideline...

Maybe Theismann could replace Sonny or Sam.....when the time is right.

I don't know if everyone dislikes the sound of his voice as much as me, but I really dislike listening to him...enough to make me never want to listen to the Redskins radio broadcast again...

Larry Michaels and Joe Theismann?

No thanks, no thanks.

I htink it would be so cool if Joey T. was able to get a position with the Redskins...he has obviously been a "homer" throughout the years...he's a Redskin for life.

It is possible that "today's" player (high salaries and all) would not relate to yesterday's heros...

Joey T. was my child hood idol and all the years he's been on ESPN sort of seem like a "connection" to my child hood and the Redskins Glory Years...I really want to see Joey T. saty in the forfront of the NFL some how it just doesn't seem like it is going to happen on TV.

Do we have a Quality Control Of The Psyche Of Quarterbacks Coach yet??? lol

Archived