Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

where should I apply?

SkinsNoles21

im graduating from Florida State in april...

Going into the sports media field...I have experience with both writing and radio...

you guys have any suggestions as to where to apply?

Im already attemping warpathinsiders.com, redskins.com, redskins radio, and the post...

I dont just do football i pretty much do it all, here at fsu im familiar with acc sports, but i am pretty much obsessed with sports...

A good grad school would be my guess......

i laughed but that's good advice. you'd have an upper level degree than can get your more "serious" jobs but you may over qualify yourself for entry level positions.

i would try a small venue first...someone posted a while back links to how to get into TV/radio....i'd look for that. be willing to relocate to the middle of nowhere to develop your style and get yourself on tape. then you can move on to the big leagues. good luck! :thumbsup:

Unless you have some serious ins, the Wash Post will be very hard to get into. A small paper, a local paper is a shot. Also, write some pieces that you think our broadcast quality or publishable and send them out freelance that way people will know your work and you can go to some of these guys or other guys later and show them a portfolio and that others have been willing to pay for your stuff.

Archived