Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Judge: No Shortage on Interest in Used Carr

Muzzah

No shortage of teams in market for used Carr

March 24, 2007

By Clark Judge

CBS SportsLine.com Senior Writer

There are at least five teams that could use former Houston Texans quarterback David Carr. The only problem is identifying which of them makes the first move.

Carr is a free agent, thanks to another mystifying move by Houston, which means he's immediately available to Oakland, Detroit, Cleveland, Minnesota and Miami -- all teams in search of a quarterback and all teams that draft in the top 10.

But that's the problem. None of them might be willing to commit to Carr until they complete inquiries into LSU's JaMarcus Russell and Notre Dame's Brady Quinn -- which means it's likely none of them will act swiftly.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10085076 

I think a team that Carr would be scary with is the Bears. He's a smart player and they have a pretty good O-Line. Unlike Grossman he doesnt make stupid play after stupid play, he does make them though. He's durable if you look at how much punishment he has taken.

They wont take him though, theyre "confident" in Rex's ability. I think Carr just needs a good O-Line, or a non-laughable one to do well.

Would suck for him to go to Oakland, going from one horrid offensive line to another horrid one

He would definitely make some noise in Chicago, that's for sure. He would not be expected to win games, where as in Houston, it was him or nobody. In Chicago their defense will win the game if the offense puts up 17-21 points, and sometimes even if they don't.

I think Carr would succeed without the weight of an entire organization on his shoulders.

same... they did almost nothing to set him up for success in Houston... Pass on RB, pass on O-Line... Sign defensive lineman at #1 spot.

He was under so much pressure to perform for the Texans and they wouldnt support the offensive needs. Took a 5 year pounding and is still healthy. I think he will surprise a lot of people.

Archived