Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(Rumor) Skins interested in Quinn and CJ???

RWJ

The time to deliver is now for Gibbs, and his coaching staff. They need to get the best talent on the board when we pick.

If it's Quinn - great! If it's Calvin - even better.

The best defense is a great offense!

Ask Indy how they won so many games with a mediocre defense. Offensive firepower - the ability to score freely, and tire the other teams defenses.

It makes no sense to get Quinn because we have Jason Campbell..I would rather get a defensive player but if Calvin Johnson is there, how can you pass him up?

The Skins are just doing their due diligence in scouting.

In '83, the guy we wanted was taken one slot ahead of us by Miami- a fellow by the name of Dan Marino.

So we took our 2nd choice, out of a small college, Darrell Green.

Can you imagine if we hadn't scouted #28?

Gibbs also stumbled upon Clint Didier when he was scouting Neil Lomax at Portland State

So many days until the draft. So many rumors to fly around the league.

Maybe next week Dan Snyder will be intersted in Jamarcus Russell and Snyder will want to do anything to trade up to #1.

Maybe Snyder will want to trade down because Joe Gibbs told him that Billy Graham said it would be a good idea.

The time to deliver is now for Gibbs, and his coaching staff. They need to get the best talent on the board when we pick.

Ask Indy how they won so many games with a mediocre defense. Offensive firepower - the ability to score freely, and tire the other teams defenses.

Thats wrong the best offense is a great defense. under your theary the colts should have rolled into the superbowl the last 7 years

Jason Campbell isn't Peyton Manning. JC may never be Manning and no way Gibbs lets him run the offense like Manning runs his. Even if JC becomes as good as Manning.

So you want to use our first draft pick this year on a QB?

If Russell or Quinn falls to us, I would select one. Their upside is much more than JC, and we know QB is the most important part of a team. Today, I am still not sold on JC.

If Russell or Quinn falls to us, I would select one. Their upside is much more than JC, and we know QB is the most important part of a team. Today, I am still not sold on JC.

Huge mistake if you ask me. You don't use a high draft pick on a player to replace another player as a starter if the first guy hasn't even had a chance to prove himself on the field. Especially when you have other glaring immediate needs elsewhere.

Now if JC were to somehow (which I just don't see happening) bust, you could get a high quality QB in just about any draft. I don't see either Quinn or Russell as a talent you just can't pass up.

I think we already have a good one in Campbell. His poise and calm demeanor in the pocket just can't be taught. You either have that or you don't. Almost everything else can be taught and corrected. I'm pretty confident in his abilities. He'll be good, I think.

Huge mistake if you ask me. You don't use a high draft pick on a player to replace another player as a starter if the first guy hasn't even had a chance to prove himself on the field. Especially when you have other glaring immediate needs elsewhere.

Now if JC were to somehow (which I just don't see happening) bust, you could get a high quality QB in just about any draft. I don't see either Quinn or Russell as a talent you just can't pass up.

I think we already have a good one in Campbell. His poise and calm demeanor in the pocket just can't be taught. You either have that or you don't. Almost everything else can be taught and corrected. I'm pretty confident in his abilities. He'll be good, I think.

Sorry, but QB play is still one of our ???. JC has not yet prov-en that he's our man for years to come. Right now, all you can say about him is he has potential to be good. If he's another bust, we would have wasted another year + 1-3 years of picking / training another one. Why not groom 2 at the same time and reject / trade the bad one away.

Given our history, I would not be surprise that we skip Russell / Quinn and they become a star in the league while we are back to reaching for 2nd round talents.

Sorry, but QB play is still one of our ???. JC has not yet prov-en that he's our man for years to come. Right now, all you can say about him is he has potential to be good. If he's another bust, we would have wasted another year + 1-3 years of picking / training another one. Why not groom 2 at the same time and reject / trade the bad one away.

Given our history, I would not be surprise that we skip Russell / Quinn and they become a star in the league while we are back to reaching for 2nd round talents.

QB would still be a question mark even with Russell or Quinn. I mean realistically, neither of them would see the field their first year. JC would be given every opportunity this year and probably next, too. Then let's say he falters, the next guy would basically have to light the field on fire right away for the decision to draft him to make any sense. Bad scenario if you ask me. You gotta get youth and talent on the DL. You can't draft a guy based on a what-if scenario.

QB would still be a question mark even with Russell or Quinn. I mean realistically, neither of them would see the field their first year. JC would be given every opportunity this year and probably next, too. Then let's say he falters, the next guy would basically have to light the field on fire right away for the decision to draft him to make any sense. Bad scenario if you ask me. You gotta get youth and talent on the DL. You can't draft a guy based on a what-if scenario.

1) Lets say JC plays poorly this year, we would be back at step one, ie drafting another QB and wasting 1-2 years on the bench. If we draft Russell or Quinn and if JC plays poorly, Russell or Quinn would be ready to start the following year.

2) Lets say JC cements his status as our QB of the present / future, we could still trade away Russell or Quinn. We could have Brees / Rivers scenario. Would that be bad?

I am just sick of selecting one QB and waiting for him to become good, but in the end, we just end up repeating it over and over again. Time to break the cycle and groom 2. Odds are much better that one would be good.

1) Lets say JC plays poorly this year, we would be back at step one, ie drafting another QB and wasting 1-2 years on the bench. If we draft Russell or Quinn and if JC plays poorly, Russell or Quinn would be ready to start the following year.

2) Lets say JC cements his status as our QB of the present / future, we could still trade away Russell or Quinn. We could have Brees / Rivers scenario. Would that be bad?

I am just sick of selecting one QB and waiting for him to become good, but in the end, we just end up repeating it over and over again. Time to break the cycle and groom 2. Odds are much better that one would be good.

I think you're ignoring the basic fact that Campbell played fairly well and has the talent to be really good. I mean, if we were talking about Eli, then I'd be all for drafting another QB. I say relax on Campbell a little and fill the spots you know we need to upgrade. A good QB with a crappy defense won't win too many big games.

It's like player poker...bluff like crazy. Teams that are desparate will come knocking for our #6 and probably higher. However, I'm for keeping it and simply taking Adams. Our offense is set for this year while our D is missing that last component on the line.

Yeah right, you obviously dont know sh-t about football. And Indy won a ton of games because of their coach and guy by the name of Peyton Manning. Everyone talkin how CJs talent only comes once in a decade. NO.

PEYTON MANNING has once in decade talent. Sh-t, may be two decades.

Archived