Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rep Obey(d) confronts anti war mother..

JMS

Congressman has a heated conversation with a mother of an Iraqi Marine who is against the war....

Rep David Obey is against the war. He voted against it and was among the first to call for Rumsfeld resignation. He is currently being targeted by some left groups as one of the sponsors of the suplemental spending bill which Bush needs to continue to fund the war.

I don't know what you guys think. I think David Obey doesn't have anything to appologize for. He took the time to speak to this lady. He took additional time to correct her position. When the bald guy got into the conversation it seems like he was just too frusterated with their obtuseness to continue.

I think Obey did pretty well in this hidden video.

He repeatedly used improper language and his comment about the guy smoking something illegal was out of line. Good for him to take the time to discuss important matters with a voter but he should have been more patient and cordial.

the loons were flustering him with mindless leftist garbage, he was in a hurry and they were burning his patience faster than gore burns energy.

He looked like a man on the verge of a breakdown. There was no reason for him to get so agitated and combative. Even if the couple were "leftists", misguided, ill-informed, whatever, they were respectful in their questions and comments. He could have made the exact same points and educated that couple without being an ass about it. Obey was out of line.

He was not out of line. They were trying to corner him and he knew it. He put them in their place like he was should have.

I'm sure this isn't the first time something like this has happened either by in person like that, letters, phone calls, etc. If someone kept telling you the sky is yellow over and over and over again when it's clearly blue, you'd get frustrated too.

Archived