Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Nigerian scam, via telephone this time

E-Dog Night

Ok, so I'm at my golf course, wondering how soon I can leave because of the snow, when I get a "relay call" (typically used by people who are deaf - they call you through an At&T operator), and this guy wants to buy a bunch of our golf clubs. I'm thinking, great, this will be a nice way to make sales on a slow day. Why a deaf person wants to buy a dozen golf clubs from our course, I have no idea, but I'll take the money.

Then the kicker. He wants me to ship them to Lagos, Nigeria. Immediately, a red flag went off in my head. Nigeria - land of the lowlife scam artist. I called my boss and asked him if he had heard of this happening.

Yep - the Nigerians give you a credit card # to purchase the items, then they dispute the charge, and since you don't have a signature, the business often has to eat the purchase. Meanwhile, they have your merchandise and you never see it again.

What is it with these f#(&!^% Nigerians?

....And then a week later they show up for sale on EBAY. And that fraudelant attempt at selling them begins and some poor **** has just been conned into buying new golf clubs....it goes on and on.

We get faxes here from some south african diplomat that has just gotten 30mil in funds granted to him but needs to wire them to the US and needs a bank acount to do this. They offer u/me/us a %...ending up being like 5mil....just to give them your bank acount # so they can wire the funds. And they will set up some new bank acount when they get here and want you to wire the remaining 25mil to it. Its beyond sketchy...they say "dont tell anyone about this fax"....its comical.

I can just picture a deaf Nigerian with shattered dreams sitting by the side of the road wondering why Americans refuse to sell him their goods. :D

:laugh: :laugh:

He had dreams of becoming the deaf Nigerian Tiger Woods.

Archived