Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Was the elbow to Tyler Hansbrough's nose tonight intentional? (Duke vs. UNC)

#98QBKiller

Tyler should have been out of the game at the one-minute mark. He'll ask Roy to pull him next time for sure though, if we can't beat you in the game we'll just physically beat your guys down! :laugh: :jk: I would never advocate anything like that.

And to say that Coach K has no class is ridiculous. This is the guy who won't let his players play ball unless they keep their GPAs up, no matter who the player is.

It's not your place to say that Tyler should have been out of the game. Duke still had not acknowledged defeat considering the fouls, the full-court press, and Josh McRoberts playing into the 40th minute. Why should Roy act any differently? What K said was preposterous.

Point is, if something like this happend in the Creighton vs Southern Illinois game that was on earlier in the day, it probably wouldn't even be talked about. But, since it involved a Duke player everybody here jumps at the chance to pile on and throw around accusations that simply aren't true.

Hold on there. If it involved a UNC player against a Duke player who lit us up and we were down by 14 it would have been the same story.

I think Coach K's comments are contradicting. Saying that those players should not have been on the floor is ridiculous to say. Who was the one down by 13 with 50 some seconds left in the game doing full court press, fouling, calling timeouts etc. If I remember K still had some of his good players in there as well. What, is Williams going to take them out if Duke is still trying to extend the game? Yeah I know the game isn't over till the clock says 0, but to say those players should'nt have been on the floor while some of your good players where still on is just contradicting IMO.

By the way yeah i'm a Heels fan and thought that was a cheap shot, but thats just me being bias. :)

It's not your place to say that Tyler should have been out of the game. Duke still had not acknowledged defeat considering the fouls, the full-court press, and Josh McRoberts playing into the 40th minute. Why should Roy act any differently? What K said was preposterous.

You know just as well as I do that teams who are getting whipped in a game don't just give up, and that goes for any sport. It's a pride thing. Look at the NFL, when a team is getting whipped and the clock is running out on them they run the no-huddle and try to hit WRs on out-routes. When and if the winning team gets the ball back, they have the QB take a knee.

Carolina had Tyler in, they were dunking with less than a minute left and an eleven point lead, just showing off for the home crowd.

I'm not advocating the elbow to Tyler's face, it was very wrong. But don't leave your star player in the game with that big of a lead and less than a minute on the clock.

Was this supposed to be funny? :rolleyes:

Yeah it was.. You could have just left out my quote and maybe gotten to your next post in this thread 2 minutes sooner (you know the one you quoted 3 minutes after you quoted mine?). Of course then I wouldn't have learned my lesson about always trying to lighten the mood....

Next time leave out your :2cents:

PISSED OFF,

IONTOP

You know just as well as I do that teams who are getting whipped in a game don't just give up, and that goes for any sport. It's a pride thing. Look at the NFL, when a team is getting whipped and the clock is running out on them they run the no-huddle and try to hit WRs on out-routes. When and if the winning team gets the ball back, they have the QB take a knee.

Carolina had Tyler in, they were dunking with less than a minute left and an eleven point lead, just showing off for the home crowd.

I'm not advocating the elbow to Tyler's face, it was very wrong. But don't leave your star player in the game with that big of a lead and less than a minute on the clock.

and you don't call timeouts from behind when you're in that situation either.

Archived