Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

John Riggins Autograph Signing 3/3 in Laurel

Gallntfox

I heard Riggins on Triple X today pimping his autograph signing at Sports Card Heroes in Laurel tomorrow from 1-2pm.

I looked at their website tonight to get the details and saw the following information...

A SCH IN-STORE EVENT

Sports Card Heroes is once again proud to Present:

Honorary HOGS Member John Riggins March 3, 2007

Pricing for Mr. Riggins is as follows

$125.00 Small Flat

$150.00 Large Flat / Mini Helmets

$175.00 Premium

**Fee Includes (1) Inscription

(John Riggins provided courtesy of Sports Placement Service, Inc. Los Angeles, CA)

How do you all feel about these prices? I know that John Riggins is a DC icon, a member of the HOF, and Super Bowl MVP but as a Skins fan would you feel that you were getting "value" at those prices?

As for me...I'll be in line. :D

I got his, along with ten others from the SB 17 team, on a helmet. His by far was the most expensive of all names on it. Even Theismann charged only around $40. All these autographs I got come from Sports Card Heroes. Great place to getyour stuff signed AND they take stuff in the mail to be signed and returned back to you.

Being from outside the area I don't have many Skins autographs. Are these guys a reliable source (honest, etc...) ? Has anyone ever used their mail service? Any other recommendations?

Being from outside the area I don't have many Skins autographs. Are these guys a reliable source (honest, etc...) ? Has anyone ever used their mail service? Any other recommendations?

yes, I'm in Illinois and send stuff all the time. I've been there in person twice and the athletes sign all mail orders before they sign for the public. In fact I was first in line and sat there and witnessed the athletes signing mail orders and when they were done signing they would box up people's stuff. Just be sure to send return postage for them. Yes I witnessed mail order stuff signed. They are legit. Also I witnesed these guys signing helmets and pics that they were going to sell in the store.

I went to the signing as well. I think his prices are high, but I was more than willing to pay. I'm putting together a piece with an 8x10 each of Riggins, Williams and Rypien to showcase the three Super Bowl MVPs. Next time he comes around, I'll be splurging for an authentic full size helmet.

I was going to the bar across the street after rugby practice and I saw that Riggo was signing autographs. I didn't want anything signed and just wanted to say hi. I came in right at the end of the session and he was signing a bunch of things for the store. After I left i heard how much he was charging for an autograph, I was taken aback. Over $100 for a signature? Not in a million years.

Archived