Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ogunleye (DE) on the trading block?

Fifty Gut

everyone's favorite we could of had him for Patrick Ramsey player, Ogunleye, might be on the trading block...

Behind the scenes, the Bears apparently are prepared to trade some of their best players, ones that were instrumental in winning the NFC championship. They are willing to unload linebacker Lance Briggs, who they believe they will be unable to sign to a long-term contract, running back Thomas Jones and defensive end Adewale Ogunleye, who had only 6 ½ sacks last season, ranking third on the team.

source

First they refuse to pay Lovie, now they're putting Ogunleye on the block and refusing to pay Briggs?? We might have a new contender for cheapest franchise in the NFL. Look out Philthy - you've got some competition!! :laugh:

Chicago has been a successful franchise for a few years now. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and see how things play out.

:laugh: Classic! They definitely have had some Philly-style success!! :laugh:

When are you more likely to win a Super Bowl: when you are constantly on the verge, or when you rarely contend?

The Colts and Steelers both had years of "Philly-style success" before they eventually broke through and won the game. The Bears were one game away from winning it all.

When are you more likely to win a Super Bowl: when you are constantly on the verge, or when you rarely contend?

The Colts and Steelers both had years of "Philly-style success" before they eventually broke through and won the game. The Bears were one game away from winning it all.

Constantly on the verge?

Perhaps for the last few years they have been at the top of their divison, which is arguably the weakest one in all of football during the time that the Bears have had their "Philly-style" success.

40-40 record the last 5 years isn't what I call success overall.

Reference the Colts and Steelers, see the Patriots.

it's pretty dumb. They had to give a bit to get Ogunleye to begin with, Marty Booker was a solid #2 receiver at the time, defintiely the ideal type of guy you want as your #2 guy. I think they also gave a draft pick, not sure.

The Bears will be dumb if they got rid of him. I don't think they are lacking money either.

Or you could be like the Bills and reach it four times and never win once then go back to mediocrity. Why do I have a feeling that Philly will be more of the Bills and less of the Steelers/Colts.

Or you could be like the Bills and reach it four times and never win once then go back to mediocrity. Why do I have a feeling that Philly will be more of the Bills and less of the Steelers/Colts.

Philly has nothing to do with this situation. jrock brought up the Eagles because he assumed I was defending the Bears because he views this as a Philly-like decision.

My post was in reference to the way jrock was criticizing the approach of the Bears' front office. I said that they've had some success and deserve a bit of leeway in decision making before we resoundingly dismiss their approach. He said their success was similar to the Eagles' success, and I saiod only that two other teams who were stuck in a similar situation eventually broke through and won the Super Bowl.

Archived