Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let Dock Walk the Path of Free Agency

Mark28

Would you offer Dock about the same as (what) Jansen (just got)? Maybe a touch less? I'd deal arounds that depending on structure but any more and I think the team has to be careful purely because of the amount of cap money tied into the OL.

I don't study the contracts too closely, so I can't give any numbers out. What I'm hoping for is that they get him at the proper value so we don't have difficulty giving Cooley and ST their new contracts next year. Looks like some older, expensive contracts will be terminated in the next year or two so maybe this won't be a problem.

Yeah lets let Dock walk.I mean its not like the O-Line was playing great at the end of the year or anything.He's a idea lets try to keep our team together and keep the chemistry we have.If we let Dock walk i will feel sorry for CP.It would be nice to put him behind the line Betts had.

There are a lot of teams out there like the 49ers who have a lot of money to throw around and could improve their teams greatly with the addition of a young quality starting guard.

Dockery knows this and he knows he is going to get a good deal in free agency.

He is arguably worth MORE to the Redskins than these other teams, but they should have sighed him a long time ago, now they have to pay.

Here are your top ten guards available in free agency:

Link

1. Eric Steinbach (U) Cincinnati

2. Sean Locklear ® Seattle

3. Derrick Dockery (U) Washington

4. Cosey Coleman (U) Cleveland

5. Cooper Carlisle (U) Denver

6. Stacy Andrews ® Cincinnati

7. Andre Gurode (U) Dallas
Isn't Gurode a Center?

8. Chris Gray (U) Seattle

9. Kris Dielman (U) San Diego

10. Jake Scott ® Indianapolis

So, unless they are interested in Steinbach (who I don't think fit's your offence as well as Dockery), they should sign Dockery
What about Steinbach makes him a less fit for our offense than Dockery? IMO he is a better pass blocker than Doc and he definitely pulls better and blocks in open space better than him.

Here are your top ten guards available in free agency:

Link

1. Eric Steinbach (U) Cincinnati

2. Sean Locklear ® Seattle

3. Derrick Dockery (U) Washington

4. Cosey Coleman (U) Cleveland

5. Cooper Carlisle (U) Denver

6. Stacy Andrews ® Cincinnati

7. Andre Gurode (U) Dallas

8. Chris Gray (U) Seattle

9. Kris Dielman (U) San Diego

10. Jake Scott ® Indianapolis

So, unless they are interested in Steinbach (who I don't think fit's your offence as well as Dockery), they should sign Dockery.

I thought Dockery was a Restricted Free Agent? I might be wrong, but I thought that was his status. If so, any team that signs him owes us a draft pick and we have a right to match.

If he walks, I'd move Jansen to Left Guard and get a RT. Maybe resign Wade or get one in FA.

Dockery was a critical member of the best unit on our team. To let him hit free agency would be a mistake. Sign him now, Dan Snyder, and show that you haven't been spouting lies about "team guys." I'm tired of our team acting as a farm team for the rest of the NFL. Seems like every good young player we develop leaves fr greener pastures as soon as his rookie contract is up.

Dock has gotten better but there is no way I would pay him the same as Jon Jansen or even Randy Thomas so I would be interested to see the market dictate his value .

Dock played well at the end of the year but the play calling changed to suit him more and i think teams looking at him in films may be scarred off by the fact he is a road grader he is not the athletic type guard so many are looking for he is great north south blocker but as Portis says if you get him out in space pulling or blocking he tends to fall overhimself which is why most pulling plays went right behind Thomas at the end of 2005 and why the run game spluttered when he went down..

Archived