Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Adam Archuleta news ?

HighwayPatrolLT

he was a linebacker in college, and there must have been a very good reason to change him to a pro safety. his size is small and i doubt he could shed blockers well enough to be a linebacker at the pro level. use him like he was intended to do (blitz more than half the time) and he will be great. we couldnt do that because of the injuries to springs, so we had to drop the safeties back to help cover. archie is weak in coverage so he was burned. if we have 2 healthy starting corners and he is allowed to blitz he will be a success.
Quoting for emphasis.

I like Adam, i think he will do better in 2007, he probably should be a linebacker, but he is still too small.

He is listed at 6'0 223, but he's really not that big, and doesn't look that big either...

I don't know that much about the fundamentals of football, having never played it in high school. But, if he played outside linebacker, couldn't be just blitz? Like all the time? and at the most, on running plays, he would at least take up some of the blocks, freeing up the other players.

Get a clue, bud. Arch can play football, GW needs to learn how to use him. Sure, he's overpaid but dont blame him for that. If you wanna pay me manager wages to flip burgers, I'll be a burger flippin' MF!

he couldnt cover a bed with a sheet rather than a fast NFL wide reciever. im sure he would do fine in chicago but here hes nothing

Did anyone else happen to notice that EVERYONE in our secondary played like crap this season??? Especially the guys who have been here and know the system; they sucked it up pretty bad (please, no apologists for Rogers, Taylor, or anyone else. If you watched the games you know they sucked).

Yet, AA is brand new to the system and team, he doesn't have his coaches talking or planning together, he does get to have meetings with all of his supporting team mates due to the before mentioned coaching problem, and HE's the one everyone wants to dump on. Give me a break.

Don't start talking about the dollars, either. No one in their right mind would turn down what the Redskins offered him, and it wasn't as if he held out or asked for that much. The Redskins through those figures on the table because they were scared he was going to Chicago.

Did anyone else happen to notice that EVERYONE in our secondary played like crap this season??? Especially the guys who have been here and know the system; they sucked it up pretty bad (please, no apologists for Rogers, Taylor, or anyone else. If you watched the games you know they sucked).

Yet, AA is brand new to the system and team, he doesn't have his coaches talking or planning together, he does get to have meetings with all of his supporting team mates due to the before mentioned coaching problem, and HE's the one everyone wants to dump on. Give me a break.

Don't start talking about the dollars, either. No one in their right mind would turn down what the Redskins offered him, and it wasn't as if he held out or asked for that much. The Redskins through those figures on the table because they were scared he was going to Chicago.

Thing is though, he in all likelyhood would've gone to Chicago, had we not given him the biggest contract for a safety in NFL history at the time. Lovie Smith was his DC in st louis and used him successfully in the cover 2 scheme. I really like Arch and I want him to do well here and I feel he can if we can get an overall improved front 7 (emphasis mostly on the front 4!!!).

Exactly.

Pass coverage may not be Arch's specialty, but he isn't that bad at it either. If the Redskins could stay healthy in the secondary and get a pass rush, he wouldn't look so awful.

Archived