Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My new website

SlobberknockerSkinsFan

Hey all, my beta site is up if you wanna check it out. Again it is a BETA site... Just doing some testing right now and should be fully functional in the next few weeks.

WashingtonHogPen

For those that have personal sites, email me at the link provided if you would like to allow me to link your site to mine and vice versa.

Is that any better??

Personally, if you want to go with burgundy and gold, I'd choose some shades of them that aren't quite so vivid. Right now I think it's pretty hard on the eyes. If I were doing it though, I wouldn't make the majority of the text burgundy and gold though. Look at ExtremeSkins for example. It's clearly inspired by Redskins colors, with red and yellow links, titles and borders, but the bulk of the text is actually black and white or grey and white. It's much more pleasing to the eye that way.

Personally, if you want to go with burgundy and gold, I'd choose some shades of them that aren't quite so vivid. Right now I think it's pretty hard on the eyes. If I were doing it though, I wouldn't make the majority of the text burgundy and gold though. Look at ExtremeSkins for example. It's clearly inspired by Redskins colors, with red and yellow links, titles and borders, but the bulk of the text is actually black and white or grey and white. It's much more pleasing to the eye that way.

Trust me, once I get this layering and scripting down it should be alot cleaner...

BTW, if you want a site of your own I suggest godaddy.com for all your domain and hosting needs... It's just right for those that are just starting out. My domain and hosting service cost me right at $85 for a full year.

Scripting?

Please, its not even that difficult to make a simple XHTML based site look decent. You just need a bit of background knowledge of the markup tools available and the rest is to you a lone. I really recommend trying Macromedia Dreamweaver. I usually use only text pad for most edits, but Dreamweaver is convenient because it is WYSIWYG, which a lot of people like. (Personally, I find most WYSIWYG editors have bad quirks [quirk=a bad render of markup], but are convenient since they offer a "preview in <internet browser installed>" feature. Much more reliable this way than relying on the software's engine.

Here's my site (that I never really finished)...made out of nothing more than simple XHTML. Pure Nonsense

Archived