Plummer, Jake, Arizona Cardinals

Johnson, Rob, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Matthews, Shane, Washington Redskins

King, Shaun, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Blake, Jeff, Baltimore Ravens

Batch, Charlie, Pittsburgh Steelers

Frerotte, Gus, Cincinnati Bengals

Detmer, Koy, Philadelphia Eagles

Nobody's going to be able to do for us what Bledsoe did for the Bills unless we also get Eric Moulds, Peerless Price, Jay Riemersma, Larry Centers and at least one NFL-quality interior lineman.

QB's due to be Free Agents are:

Jeff Blake

Charlie Batch

Jake Plummer

Aaron Brooks (No way he hits the market)

I'd rather watch Ramsey develop than watch any of those first 3 play for the Redskins. I know some people like Batch and Blake a lot more than I do, which is to say they like them as anything but backup.

It's possible that Griese could part ways with Denver and one of the Rams QBs could be available for a trade. It cost Buffalo a 1st round pick to get Bledsoe and I'm guessing the Rams will want the same for either guy.

Why would we sign a free agent QB? It's basically saying to Ramsey, "we have no confidence in you." Perhaps we could sign one of the lower-tier FAs (Detmer, Batch?) as a backup, and resign Shane, letting he and our newly acquired benchwarmer battle it out for the second string spot.

Ramsey is without a doubt the starter.

DBLB Brooks signed a new contract with NO before the season started.

The only guy on the list whos worth a mention is Plummer but he'll never be a quality QB, he just makes to many mental mistakes, alright he hasnt got alot of talent around him but thats no excuse to continually overthrow targets and lob the ball blindly when hes being pressured.

Originally posted by tex

Plummer, Jake, Arizona Cardinals

Johnson, Rob, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Matthews, Shane, Washington Redskins

King, Shaun, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Blake, Jeff, Baltimore Ravens

Batch, Charlie, Pittsburgh Steelers

Frerotte, Gus, Cincinnati Bengals

Detmer, Koy, Philadelphia Eagles

Out of all of these guys, I wouldn't mind seeing Jeff Blake brought in with Ramsey a close #2 behind him, much like what the Ravens are doing now with Blake and Redman. But I've heard the Ravens are thinking about locking Blake up, so that might not be an option. The rest of the QBs on this list are doo-doo. The main thing is I want to see Matthews and Wuerffel elsewhere next year, because they seem to have nine lives under Spurrier. :doh: If we can't get Blake, just let Patrick play.

Originally posted by DeathByLinebacker

Nobody's going to be able to do for us what Bledsoe did for the Bills unless we also get Eric Moulds, Peerless Price, Jay Riemersma, Larry Centers and at least one NFL-quality interior lineman.

The Bills were 3-13 last year. Please tell me what other aquisitions they made in the offseason that have caused such a dramatic turnaround.

But no use worrying about that now. On that current list, not even Plummer interests me. I'd rather just go with Ramsey. That's why we drafted him.

Henry - I'm pretty sure they improved their line and they also added Josh Reed who's an excellent 3rd reciever. Anyway, I wasn't saying Bledsoe didn't turn out to be an excellent aquisition for Buffalo. I was saying he wouldn't be putting up those numbers for us. He's a sack-prone QB (41 - 2nd in the NFL behind Carr) and has been for many years which means he would be getting killed behind our line. Also we just do not have anywhere near the array of weapons that Buffalo has.

Originally posted by airSkins96

king is another weak armed qb, and does not have the speed you think he has

He's a lot more moble than anything we have or have ever had. He can get out of his own way, he's intelligent, and the Bucs went to the playoffs with him for 2 or 3 years. He's also a winner, is well composed and can throw on the run.

Rellim is right.

The guy is a big-time winner. He was made the scapegoat in TB as Rich McKay's excuse not to fire Dungy. Brad Johnson was brought in and did worse.

Check King's career statistics in the pros. The only QB to have a better start to their career in the last 20 years is Marino (14-7 career record as a starter, 25-20 TD:INT ratio).

And he did that with Jacquez Green and Reidel Anthony as the 2nd and 3rd WR.

The biggest problem is that Ramsey was King's back-up in college, and that might be awkward.

Regardless of who the Redskins sign as a free agent quarterback next year, we should still draft another quarterback. Why? Because what if Ramsey is not the answer and continues to get sacked 6 or 7 times per game? We can't just assume Ramsey is a diamond in the rough, until he proves something.

So I say we draft another young quarterback in the 3rd or 4th round to compete and also develop him just in case. :shootinth

As for Bulger -- forget about Bulger -- because the Rams are not going to trade him. However, I suspect that they are going to have a quarterback controversy between Bulger and Kurt Warner whether they like it or not. So Kurt Warner might be available, just like when they had a controversy between Kurt Warner and Trent Green.

But the question is: Is Kurt Warner all washed up now and should we take a chance on trading a high pick for someone else's cast off quarterback? :doh:

Archived