Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who's got a big truck?

Coooleeey

What up people :D

Later this year I'm looking at getting a big truck and wants some opinions on what to get. I'm looking for a 4wd, 4x4, 4-door truck. My plan at this point is to get either a Ford F-150 or F-250 with a diesel.

Does anyone have a GMC, Chevy, or Dodge? How do you like it? I don't really drive to work so I don't need to worry about gas mileage. Have you had any problems with the truck?

Any and all opinions are appreciated!!! :cheers:

Chevy's new body style Silverado diesel isn't out yet. You may want to take a look at them once they start to hit in a few months. Two things I've been getting great feedback from customers on the new body style is the light weight tailgate & the fact that you can actually reach into the bed of the truck while standing outside of it, unlike the F-150/250. The Chevy's also have an Allison transmission. And the 07's have the new 5 year/100,000 mile powertrain warranty along with the 3/36 bumper to bumper warranty.

Well I'm looking at buying used, maybe an 05 model. I want it to be big and nasty but still have some luxury. Power everything, leather, CD changer, etc...

My main problem in my internet searching is I don't know the damn model numbers so its getting frustrating. Thanks for the help TK.

Chevy's new body style Silverado diesel isn't out yet. You may want to take a look at them once they start to hit in a few months. Two things I've been getting great feedback from customers on the new body style is the light weight tailgate & the fact that you can actually reach into the bed of the truck while standing outside of it, unlike the F-150/250. The Chevy's also have an Allison transmission. And the 07's have the new 5 year/100,000 mile powertrain warranty along with the 3/36 bumper to bumper warranty.

Take then new F250 with the 6.4L Diesel if want a real man's truck! Guess you can reach into the bed of Silverado because it's a toy truck. :laugh:

Code...we need to talk some sense into TK's head. Maybe a roadtrip to

Roanoke is needed. :D:cheers:

Take then new F250 with the 6.4L Diesel if want a real man's truck! Guess you can reach into the bed of Silverado because it's a toy truck. :laugh:

I knew I'd get you to show up in this thread. :)

But, you forget, I also have a Ford store, a Mazda store, a Toyota store, a Jeep store, a Chrysler store, a Buick store & a Pontiac store. :silly:

Do you know when the 2008s will be out? I am seriously considering upgrading my F-150 that I bought two years ago so I can pull a full-size camper.

I own a 2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 Diesel with the Allison Transmission. I also own a 2005 Ford Excursion Diesel with a Torqueshift transmission.

The Chevy has 85,000 miles on it with very little by way of problems or high cost maintenance procedures.

The Ford has 36,000 miles on it. I can tell you the maintenance on this vehicle will cost me a bit more than the Chevy....

HOWEVER....just for an example. I have driven both vehicles to Orlando and Buffalo from Salisbury MD with a 10,000 lb. travel trailer. Here is my review of both animals.

1) The Chevy is a better ride both with and without the trailer. The truck sits lower to the ground then the Ford.

2) The Chevy has the more responsive transmission. It dowshifts GREAT as you are going down a slope. There is a noticeable difference between the transmissions.

3) The Ford definately has more pulling power. It also does this while being better on fuel BOTH with and without the trailer.

4) Both vehicles are super quiet in the cab considering the loudness of the Diesel.

5) Everyone I know who pulls uses a FORD. Everyone I know that values the "ride" uses a Chevy.

By parents have a 2006 Durango and a 2005 Ram 2500. My dad LOVES the ram, they use it to pull their camper for "camping" trips. They did some shopping around before they bought it and came to the conclusion that they are all essentially the same in one way or the other...it's just a matter of picking style and how big.

That's about like mine...

Hook me up with some more details if you could. What's on the inside? Leather, CD changer? How about the ride on long trips? What year is it? Engine size? is that big enough? What's the price range you paid?

Sorry to grill you but I'm foaming at the mouth for a rig like that. My little Ford ranger is embarrassing and my Jeep is getting older...:D

Hook me up with some more details if you could. What's on the inside? Leather, CD changer? How about the ride on long trips? What year is it? Engine size? is that big enough? What's the price range you paid?

Sorry to grill you but I'm foaming at the mouth for a rig like that. My little Ford ranger is embarrassing and my Jeep is getting older...:D

Leather interior, 6 disc changer, 5.4 V8, I get about 14mpg on average. It's an 05, but I only have 8K miles on it, I have a work vehicle I get to drive to work.. :D

Anyway, It rides very comfortably, I drove it to a Skins game and its quiet as can be on a trip. I added the step thingy's on the side and a flowmaster dual exhaust... Sounds awesome and gave me a little more horsepower, not that it needed it. Has great pick up. I pull my dad's 22 foot center console boat from time to time and you'd never know you were pulling anything. He has a jeep cherokee with a v8, but you can feel the weight of the boat behind it. Not the f150.... It's plenty big for my use. It sits in my driveway most of the time except for the weekends, but I use it to carry my guitar gear to gigs and my bike to trails. The back is huge. My boss is 6'5 and he rode in the back with room to spare. The seats fold up and there is plenty of room for storage. The sticker price was 42K?? (correct me if I'm wrong Gary,,,) but we paid 32K after the employee discount and riggins44's help... :applause:

Do you know when the 2008s will be out? I am seriously considering upgrading my F-150 that I bought two years ago so I can pull a full-size camper.

My first one should be here in about 2 weeks. Not sure when Parrish should

be receiving one. My guess is about the same time.

Archived