Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official game thread -- Redskins at the Giants.

Art

Do you guys recall Matthews telling the press (and I paraphrase) 'If you're looking for a QB to take a game on his shoulders and win it, thats not me'.

The past 2 games demonstrate why I have such a problem with that attitude. How can you want to 'be the guy' and yet pre-ordain that you do not want to be the one to take risks and shoulder the responsiblity for a win or a loss. I'm not saying he's playing horribly today. But its the little missteps, conservative dumpoffs for 4 yards when we need 8, throwing it away when there are open receivers, etc...

I would rather watch Ramsey throw 3 picks, but play his a$$ off, than watch Matthews throw his little dumpoffs and see us lose by 3.

Matthews has thrown 18 passes and has only averaged just over 4 yards per pass attempt. That is atrocious. I would order him to throw downfield. That is not even competent enough to call it "Marty ball." Even Chuck Knox got more yards per pass attempt.

Why have we run the ball only 10 times? If our pass-blocking has been okay, aren't we good enough to run-block for Stephen Davis?

Matthews and these receivers look awful.

That's a second turnover where the offense did almost nothing with it.

The Skins were lucky to get a field goal out of the first turnover because it was already at the 20.

This game is like a slow water torture. The Giants are making enough mistakes to keep themselves off the scoreboard but the Redskins are sitting around not taking advantage of any of their good fortune.

I have no confidence right now that this offense can do much more than line up Tuthill to kick field goals.

If we are going to win this game we are going to have to return a fumble or interception back for a score on D.

Shane Matthews would have been benched if we had anyone with even a modicum of NFL maturity on the sidelines.

Awful, just awful.

Archived