Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Eagles Are What We Were Last Year

BraunMan

The Philadelphia Eagles were 5-6 this past season after a quick start (4-1) and deemed a long shot to make the playoffs, much the way we were last year with a 3-0 start that turned into 5-6.

The Eagles are on a 4 game, soon to be 5 game win streak. They have gone 5-1 against their NFC East rivals, sweeping 2 of the teams (as we did last year).

The Eagles won the first 2 games of that streak unimpressively against Carolina and the Redskins, just like we won unimpressively against the Rams and Cardinals last year.

The Eagles swept their NFC East rivals during this streak (on the road!).

We on the other hand are 5-10, and will have to win next week to get to 6-10 and match the Eagles record from last year.

The only real difference is that 10-6 will be good enough to win the division this year (unlike last year).

Where has our heart gone? Why didn't we have a battlecry this year to make the playoffs?

Most importantly, why and how is Andy Reid outcoaching Joe Gibbs in December?

To be honest.....it looks more and more like last season was a fluke for the Eagles. Not to quote him, but as WB36 said, "Normalcy has been restored"....sorry to say it that way, but it really does look true!

So the Eagles recent run with Garcia isn't a fluke? This is the real NFCE normalcy?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you the poster discussing many bong hits over the week end. I see you are still working on your bag.

It seems as though as the season has progressed, all the Eagles fans have jumped betweem the Eagles, Giants and Dallas being the team to beat in the NFCE. Most yelling for AR's head. Screaming JJ and his system are old and don't work.

There is no longer normalcy in the NFL, no less the NFCE. The Eagles are playing well right now, that is all.

So the Eagles recent run with Garcia isn't a fluke? This is the real NFCE normalcy?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you the poster discussing many bong hits over the week end. I see you are still working on your bag.

It seems as though as the season has progressed, all the Eagles fans have jumped betweem the Eagles, Giants and Dallas being the team to beat in the NFCE. Most yelling for AR's head. Screaming JJ and his system are old and don't work.

There is no longer normalcy in the NFL, no less the NFCE. The Eagles are playing well right now, that is all.

Well...let me first say that yes, I do smoke p*t. Second, the reason I said it has gone back to normal because over the last 5 years, that is the way it has been.

Now, I haven't once called for AR's head, or screamed that the system is old and doesn't work, so please don't classify me in that crowd. Again, if things have been that way for 5 of the last six years, it might not be normal to other folks, but in the 2000's it most certainly is. And while this run might be considered a fluke by some, this is the same team, same defense that McNabb lead....only difference is that McNabb isn't playing. It's bigger than him, its the team.....

To be honest.....it looks more and more like last season was a fluke for the Eagles. Not to quote him, but as WB36 said, "Normalcy has been restored"....sorry to say it that way, but it really does look true!
I just hope that Reid realizes that this is the way to run our offense when Donnie comes back. If he puts it all on #5's shoulders again and abandons the run, we as Eagles fans have a huge reason to be livid. Just think of how awesome our offense would be if we had about a 55-45 pass/run ratio with McNabb at the helm!

N5, those Eagle teams in the early part of the decade went 12-4 and 13-3.....and even some of those few losses were at the end of the season when the Eagles had clinched HFA.

Using phrases like "normalcy has been restored"........I don't know. You all were struggling with McNabb in there and, and as the OP said, have gotten hot at the right time. I think making a comparison between the '06 Eagles and, say, the '04 Eagles is like me comparing the '05 Redskins to the '91 Redskins. It just isn't there.

Having said that, the NFC playoffs should be interesting. We'll see if Chicago can make something out of their gaudy record.

I haven't once called for AR's head, or screamed that the system is old and doesn't work, so please don't classify me in that crowd.
That puts you in the minority. I read so much of this talk on these boards, I figured all the Eagles faithful felt the same. I stand corrected.
Again, if things have been that way for 5 of the last six years, it might not be normal to other folks, but in the 2000's it most certainly is. And while this run might be considered a fluke by some, this is the same team, same defense that McNabb lead....only difference is that McNabb isn't playing. It's bigger than him, its the team.....

You are going to be hard pressed to find Redskin, Cowboy or Giant fans who feel the Eagles going to the playoffs represent normalcy.

Through much of the 2000's, the Eagles have been the cream of a poor NFCE crop. Fluke, no, it's all about timing. The Eagles deserved the run they had and are again enjoying.

I disagree with you and WB calling it normalcy. I take it as more of a shot against the other teams. It would be like me saying after an Eagle playoff loss, now normalcy has been restored.;)

Archived