Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Megamerge of comments on the Offense

dg28daman

The guy is a horrible play caller. HORRIBLE. Sure, Betts fumbled that ball, but Saunders fumbled the game. Third and six, gee lets run! Third and one...well, umm, page 556 says...lets run. Up the gut. No originality. The guy looks like he has some good plays, and I don't think we should fire him, but no chance in hell he should be calling the plays next year.

I predicted 3 plays today out loud to my brother and dad.

1. After the first successful shovel pass, I said that they'd bring it back within the next 10 plays.....sure enough it did.

2. 3rd quarter, LEADING 28-21, right after the Rams scored to get to 21, I said that we'd act like we were trailing. I correctly predicted the Randel-El reverse for the opening play of that drive.

3. Overtime.....3rd and 1. I predicted that Betts would be pulled and Duckett would come in...come up short....and lean into the pile like a little girl.

Now I'm not saying I'm a genius....just pointing out how predictable this is getting. This doesn't make any sense.

Betts runs for 25 yards, if he doesn't fumble, game over. I'm not blaming it on Betts, but Saunders was not the problem in this game. If we won, this thread wouldn't have existed. Saunders called a pretty good game.

Thats BS why would we run Duckett on 3rd and 1 in over time.I am blaming alot of this on our stupid play calling.Duckett is not going to be on our team next year.So WTH are we playing him.:doh: :doh: :doh:

i agree with what most of you are saying...AS play calling I thought was good except for that 3 and 1 to ducket(he sucks). Also betts is a really good rb, but that fumble was pathetic...you have to no the game situations. The game was over if he didn't fumble. All he had to do was tuck the ball in and go down. If that was portis not only would he have been gone but I can assure you he wouldn't have fumbled.

Duckett is 0 for 5 on 3rd or 4th and 1 and less....he has no steam when he hits the line of scrimmage. We're better off handing it to Sellers, who the defense isn't expecting to get the ball.......or what about a play action and cooley in the flat? no imaginiation to this playcalling!

Agree. Duckett sucks on short-yardage situations. Better off with Sellers or with Betts.

Duckett seems to tip-toe around and has no momentum. For a guy his size, he doesn't have much leverage.

Betts runs for 25 yards, if he doesn't fumble, game over. I'm not blaming it on Betts, but Saunders was not the problem in this game. If we won, this thread wouldn't have existed. Saunders called a pretty good game.

Yup he did call the plays that led us to 31 points and I do agree that if Betts hadn't fumbled, we would have won. I can not believe that happened. They took all of our momentum and won off of it.

Story of our season.

Thats BS why would we run Duckett on 3rd and 1 in over time.I am blaming alot of this on our stupid play calling.Duckett is not going to be on our team next year.So WTH are we playing him.:doh: :doh: :doh:

I'm with ya and feelin' :doh: with that one also. If it was going to be a running play, why not sweep it to the left like we did on the Betts TD?

The offense had over 300 yards and put up 31 points. Playcalling wasn't the issue. Whatever they were calling was obviously working. Whether they ran it with Duckett on 3rd and 1 or Betts on 3rd and 1, the same play would've been called. The fact that Duckett couldn't get a yard isn't Saunders fault.

I'm with ya and feelin' :doh: with that one also. If it was going to be a running play, why not sweep it to the left like we did on the Betts TD?

If I remember correctly, people in the game thread last week absolutely flammed Saunders for calling a sweep play because it lost 2 yards. If you want a yard you don't go east and west. Its all about north and south baby.

Archived