Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is is the "truth"?

TC

The worse thing hasn't been the coaching though. It's been the way they have run the front office. They continue to do the same things they did before Gibbs came back. Gibbs bought into the buy now, pay later idea that the Redskins had as if his coaching was what would change things. Then he turns all the coaching over to Williams and Saunders anyway.

The problem with this constant turnover is that it hasn't worked once yet. Since 2000 this has been the Redskins meal ticket and it hasn't worked but they expect it to get them a chance at the Super Bowl EVERY YEAR!

This is the basis of their entire operation. Sign a player(s) for 30-40M over 6-7 years knowing ahead of time that he will only be here for 3-4 years unless he is irreplacable and will renegotiate. Either way the cap hit from these 3rd or 4th year guys will be big so we can deal with releasing them. Trade away 1/2 the draft picks because we don't want to take risks when we can get proven players on the roster.

My opinion is that if this hasn't worked a single time how could this ever work with the constant turnover year after year of overpriced players? I could see us getting lucky and it working one time then we have to rebuild because some of those cheap guys want big bucks but even that hasn't happened and there is no way this can work every year. We don't have the depth or the young guys to come in fighting for a spot on the starting lineup. The young players we do have can't even get into the game anyway. WTF?

Why does everyone protect Gibbs so much? I bleed burgundy and gold, but he's right. He's done an awful job since he's been here. We have regressed under his tutelage. We have taken many steps back. We are going to be in rebuilding mode for at least another 2 years. The only problem is that we don't have any draft picks. We're one of the older teams in the league and haven't even begun addressing that. We have no plan. The plan was to win now and that's not happening. I don't think he is in this for the long run. That wasn't his intention. It just kills me, that we have to go through this year in, year out.
Gibbs can coach he just needs a GM. We get a good GM to get us players and let Gibbs stick to what he knows which is coaching this franchise will turn around. Nobody needs to protect a H.O.F coach the man has done nothing but struck gold at anything he has ever tried.

For me, the team comes first, above loyalty to any individual, and that includes Joe Gibbs. In Dan Snyder's shoes, I don't want to fire him but we sorely need a strong, qualified GM and we're not going to attract one with Joe having the final say on personnel. I think Snyder has to take that away from him and delegate it to a new GM...which will probably cause Joe to quit.

Archived