Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

B. Lloyd booed at Caps game

StevieInferior

im being honest. hes a great football player having a poor season who cant speak very well. where am i out of line here??

Well to be honest, he seems to get interviewed alot after a loss, and no one really speaks english well after losing...because no one really wants to talk. Joe Gibbs can put sentences together easily, because he uses the same statements he used the week before...and that wasnt a shot at Gibbs, but everyone knows what he says :laugh:. But I'd say over anyone else in the locker room, Carlos Rogers' words are more slurred than anyone elses.

Well to be honest, he seems to get interviewed alot after a loss, and no one really speaks english well after losing...because no one really wants to talk. Joe Gibbs can put sentences together easily, because he uses the same statements he used the week before...and that wasnt a shot at Gibbs, but everyone knows what he says :laugh:. But I'd say over anyone else in the locker room, Carlos Rogers' words are more slurred than anyone elses.

if you caught his interview on the elliot in the morning show last year, youd know what im talking about. but i agree with you, rogers is even worse haha.

id like to see the stats that say lloyd drops 60% of the passes that come his way.

Good news then because here's an entire thread about it

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183698&highlight=lloyd+myth

"Catch %, which represents the percentage of passes to this receiver completed. In other words, if the ball is thrown your way and you actually catch it, it's a positve. If the pass is intended for you and is incomplete, it hurts your Catch %.

Here are the Skins' receivers by Catch %:

Thrash: 65%

Randle El: 63%

Moss: 55%

Lloyd: 40%"

First off I think Lloyd actually makes more than TJ Housh. Secondly, TJ Housh produces catches. Thirdly, TJ Housh has been in Cincy, he didn't come in this season.

The Santana Moss headbutt wasn't a big deal, why do you think that is?

Because Santana produced. Last year.

Have Carson Palmer as our QB and see how many yards Lloyd can get. He is no TJ, but he is better than what he is producing now.

I still like B. Lloyd, I think it's messed up how most people dont acknowledge the fact that he doesnt even get thrown the ball enough to even make a legitimate judgement on his play. What's the most he ever got thrown to in one game, twice? Come on now. His 20 catches and the yards from his 20 catches is good. He can only produce when he gets the ball...if you had the best receiver in NFL history and he wasnt getting the ball thrown to him, he wouldnt be productive either...so why blast Lloyd. If you werent being thrown the ball, do you think you'd be able to produce?? And how can people make judgements of Lloyd and his play, unless they go to all the games, or have specific footage of just Lloyd on the field...you have no clue what opportunites he's had to produce or what not. Could Cooley, Moss, or Randle El produce without being thrown the ball? NO...so can people please understand that Lloyd is a human being...is he supposed to catch balls that arent thrown to him?

"Catch %, which represents the percentage of passes to this receiver completed. In other words, if the ball is thrown your way and you actually catch it, it's a positve. If the pass is intended for you and is incomplete, it hurts your Catch %.

Lloyd doesnt get the ball thrown to him enough, so when he drops whatever he does get, it makes his percentage look worse. The most receps Lloyd had this season was 4...just like any other player in the league, he has to get into a groove during the game. I'm looking at T.J.'s chart, the most receptions he had this season was 10...I dont think they even look in Lloyd's direction 10 times a game.

Lloyd doesnt get the ball thrown to him enough, so when he drops whatever he does get, it makes his percentage look worse. The most receps Lloyd had this season was 4...just like any other player in the league, he has to get into a groove during the game.

Now the spin and excuses start.

Lloyd had two crucial, prime time drops. He had a REPUTATION for dropping passes when we got him. Go ask SF fans on their message board, like we did during the off season, and they will say the same thing now that they did then. "You are paying 10 million bonus for 1 or 2 spectacular catches, and many easy drops"

Thats what they said, and thats what we got - oh, except MINUS the 'one or two' good catches. I think he had one in pre season. That sure counts...

I still like B. Lloyd, I think it's messed up how most people dont acknowledge the fact that he doesnt even get thrown the ball enough to even make a legitimate judgement on his play. What's the most he ever got thrown to in one game, twice? Come on now. His 20 catches and the yards from his 20 catches is good. He can only produce when he gets the ball...if you had the best receiver in NFL history and he wasnt getting the ball thrown to him, he wouldnt be productive either...so why blast Lloyd. If you werent being thrown the ball, do you think you'd be able to produce?? And how can people make judgements of Lloyd and his play, unless they go to all the games, or have specific footage of just Lloyd on the field...you have no clue what opportunites he's had to produce or what not. Could Cooley, Moss, or Randle El produce without being thrown the ball? NO...so can people please understand that Lloyd is a human being...is he supposed to catch balls that arent thrown to him?

Right on

Now the spin and excuses start.

Lloyd had two crucial, prime time drops. He had a REPUTATION for dropping passes when we got him. Go ask SF fans on their message board, like we did during the off season, and they will say the same thing now that they did then. "You are paying 10 million bonus for 1 or 2 spectacular catches, and many easy drops"

Thats what they said, and thats what we got - oh, except MINUS the 'one or two' good catches. I think he had one in pre season. That sure counts...

If you dont get the ball much in a game, you dont get any groove going....you cant catch one or two passes in a game, and expect to be in a groove. Some people dont need it, but most do. And i'm just as pissed as everyone else is about this season, so I have no reason to make an excuse for him. If he sucked, I'd be treating him like a Falcon's receiver. Yes, he does have some drops, but who doesnt? It just makes Lloyd look worse, because he doesnt get the ball much as it is. It's sad, because Lloyd basically does alot of practicing for nothing...he does his routine WR drills, and then he never gets the ball in the game. But come on man, everybody had their fair share of drops. T.O. is leading the league in drops, (I think), but at the same time, he gets the ball thrown to him, so whenever he drops it, he has ample opportunities to make up for it.

haha thats maybe the stupidest thing ive ever seen posted. where are the facts that back that up other than some dude saying those are the numbers?? anyways, stats.com which compiles tons of obscure stats doesnt even have lloyd listed in the top 20 of passes dropped (although cooley is in that list dropping 5) or passes not caught (passes that were deemed catchable and not caught). so you have no evidence that lloyd is making all these bad plays.

B. Lloyd is a punk. He said on the radio "deal with it" when asked about the helmet throwing.. and the said "that's who I am, I ain't gonna change" He acts as though he's our number 1 WR and he's merely there to take pressure off of Moss. I am very displeased with Lloyd and if there were someway to get rid of him I would be all for it. Lloyd is a selfish jackass and we defeinitely do not need people like him on our team.

B. Lloyd is a punk. He said on the radio "deal with it" when asked about the helmet throwing.. and the said "that's who I am, I ain't gonna change" He acts as though he's our number 1 WR and he's merely there to take pressure off of Moss. I am very displeased with Lloyd and if there were someway to get rid of him I would be all for it. Lloyd is a selfish jackass and we defeinitely do not need people like him on our team.

he is here to take pressure off of moss. how is he selfish?? ive never once seen him say hes not getting enough catches/passes thrown to him. ive never seen him do anything other than get angry, which i like seeing. id love to see more players getting pissed off. maybe if the other players had a fire like he did we'd be playing better. its obvious hes not here for a paycheck. the other player that plays with a fire is sean taylor, and nobody seems to care when he spits in peoples faces and gets 30 yards worth of penalties.

Who wouldnt be pissed man? I'm mad at the rest of the team for not showing emotion like he did. Well not quite like Lloyd did, but at least show something. Maybe a angered facial expression...all I se are smiles and smirks. We started off on fire, 14 point lead, then turn around and lose by 10. I'm glad Lloyd got pissed, I wish more players would start showing me that they are pissed, from the looks of things, the only people that get pissed are us fans. Then the team comes back with bogus fan messages for each week. Trust me, I'll always be a Redskins fan, till the death of me, but G.W. always acts so tough with the media, but when the cam is on him after a set of bad defensive plays, (during the game) he's on the sideline looking calm. I dont see anyone else showing any signs of emotion.

This is getting out of control.

Brandon Lloyd IS NOT a selfish player. The media is making him out to be some kind of cancer and everyone is buying it. No, he shouldn't have thrown his helmet but let's get real. Some one needs to get pissed when this team plays this way.

I watch this guy on the field as much as I can. I see him blocking for everyone. I see him getting seperation left and right. He doesn't even get opportunities to succeed, then everyone calls him a bust. It isn't fair. So, he has dropped some passes. Who doesn't? Santana Moss drops passes. Chad Johnson drops passes. T.O. drops passes. Sometimes it just doesn't happen. ****.

It also doesn't make sense to me that Brandon is the only one being talked to after a 15 yard penalty. Why wasn't Derrick Frost spoken with after taking his helmet off on the field? Why wasn't Santana Moss spoken with after headbutting the Colts DB (twice)? Sean Taylor with late hits? Randle El with his excessive celebration? This organization is so ****ed up it's unbelievable.

he is here to take pressure off of moss. how is he selfish?? ive never once seen him say hes not getting enough catches/passes thrown to him. ive never seen him do anything other than get angry, which i like seeing. id love to see more players getting pissed off. maybe if the other players had a fire like he did we'd be playing better. its obvious hes not here for a paycheck. the other player that plays with a fire is sean taylor, and nobody seems to care when he spits in peoples faces and gets 30 yards worth of penalties.

I hated the fact that Sean Taylor spit in that guys face. Why do our guys need to be angry? They just need intensity, and that does't mean anger, our guys went 6-1 down the stretch last year (into the playoffs) without being angry, they just played hard. Lloyd obviously not here for a paycheck? he already got one! and it was quite large. He doesn't need to make a scene on the field. Then the media picks up on it and that embarrasses our fans (like Sean Taylor laste year). He hasn't been here a whole season, he needs to relax, we changed our whole offense this year, and this is his first year under a new system he needs to adapt to the situation, not run his mouth to the media saying "that's who I am" and "deal with it" that doesn't put off a good vibe. Lloyd needs to earn respect before he can do anything. The most cathces he's had in a season is like 48 and the most yards he's had is 700 something. He has not proven himself in this league as an elite reciever so he needs to stop acting like one.

Brandon Lloyd IS NOT a selfish player. The media is making him out to be some kind of cancer and everyone is buying it. No, he shouldn't have thrown his helmet but let's get real. Some one needs to get pissed when this team plays this way.

I watch this guy on the field as much as I can. I see him blocking for everyone. I see him getting seperation left and right. He doesn't even get opportunities to succeed, then everyone calls him a bust. It isn't fair. So, he has dropped some passes. Who doesn't? Santana Moss drops passes. Chad Johnson drops passes. T.O. drops passes. Sometimes it just doesn't happen. ****.

It also doesn't make sense to me that Brandon is the only one being talked to after a 15 yard penalty. Why wasn't Derrick Frost spoken with after taking his helmet off on the field? Why wasn't Santana Moss spoken with after headbutting the Colts DB (twice)? Sean Taylor with late hits? Randle El with his excessive celebration? This organization is so ****ed up it's unbelievable.

because all of those guys apologized for their actions, Brandon Llloyd being the piece of shint that he is refuses to apologize. UNACCEPTABLE

Exactly! :applause: Someone needs to be pissed, I'm tired of everyone acting like the play of this team is ok. There is no damn reason we should have lost our lead first of all, and then to add on, lose by 10. They make the bogus fan messages each week, smiling and smirking...nobody is smiling but them. We wait anxiously each year, and most of us cant sleep each Saturday night from being so anxious to see the game on Sunday, and then they turn around and let us down. I still couldnt believe my damn eyes at the end of last weeks game. I love the Redskins to death, but damn! :(

I hated the fact that Sean Taylor spit in that guys face. Why do our guys need to be angry? They just need intensity, and that does't mean anger, our guys went 6-1 down the stretch last year (into the playoffs) without being angry, they just played hard. Lloyd obviously not here for a paycheck? he already got one! and it was quite large. He doesn't need to make a scene on the field. Then the media picks up on it and that embarrasses our fans (like Sean Taylor laste year). He hasn't been here a whole season, he needs to relax, we changed our whole offense this year, and this is his first year under a new system he needs to adapt to the situation, not run his mouth to the media saying "that's who I am" and "deal with it" that doesn't put off a good vibe. Lloyd needs to earn respect before he can do anything. The most cathces he's had in a season is like 48 and the most yards he's had is 700 something. He has not proven himself in this league as an elite reciever so he needs to stop acting like one.

um, the fact that he had 700+ yards in a 49ers uniform means hes can play. alex smith was beyond horrid the year he was QBing for brandon lloyd and he still managed a decent season.

Archived