Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Wilbon Chat 11-27

redskinsunshine

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2006/11/20/DI2006112000832.html

Michael Wilbon discussed Jason Campbell, the Redskins, Art Monk and the HOF, and the ESPN article about the Skins in today's Chat House. Here's his comment on Jason Campbell:

Tommy , Charlotte, N.C.:
Hey Mike, Jason Campbell is the first QB for the Redskins since your boy Theismann to show he may stick around. What's your take?

I know its early, but he looks poised.

Michael Wilbon:
Whenever you get ready to make a grand declaration about a quarterback after two starts remember the name Gus Frerotte...I bet you had him here for a dozen years, too, didn't you? Look, Campbell has been good. Actually, he's been better than good. And the poise he's demonstrated has been the coolest thing, I think. His whold demeanor is what I'd want from a quarterback. Remember, I was pushing for this kid to get some snaps in real games more than a month ago...But it's two games. Two. 2. Dos. Let's not get chesty.

Click the link at the top of this post to read the rest of the chat.

The comparison to Frerotte's start is a poor one, mostly because Frerotte never showed that he could do it in the toughest conference in college football on a national stage.

He was more of an unknown comodity.

If I see a solid start from a guy who has done nothing but win/perform everywhere he's been -vs- a solid start from a guy that nobody has heard of and nobody is expecting much of... well, pardon me if I get a little bit more excited about the first guy. :)

Although the larger point, that it has been only two games, is one I agree with.

Archived