Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Faith with # 22

merci

Let's all hope so! He is treading on thin ice and is already considered a bust by many including myself. This is why I like FA. Even though AA appears to be a bust he plays well in certain Cover Two schemes which we do not use often. We as an organization did not recognize that he was more of a system player. Go with FA and use draft picks for depth and gems in the mid to late rounds.

sorry to crash on your parade, but if he let said that Joey Galloway is uncheckable one on one then he has no shot with Steve Smith.... lol

No player could cover that route one on one with no safety help. That was a bad call by Williams. Sending 8 players.

No player could cover that route one on one with no safety help. That was a bad call by Williams. Sending 8 players.

i agree, williams blitzes too much and i seriously cant remember one that has worked this season. when you blitz 8 and leave your corners on an island, theyre gonna get torched. but rogers wasnt even close to galloway.

I might have faith in him if he had faith in himself. But he doesn't.

Dont't give me this crap about how no one could have covered galloway. If that were true, no one would ever blitz tampa, and when they did he would score every time.

"What am I supposed to do? He's fast." ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? Can you imagine Darrell Green saying that??? Hell, I can't imagine Martin Mayhew saying that.

Fact: An NFL corner, never mind a top-10 draft pick, should be able to cover a wide receiver for at least a couple seconds.

But hey, i dont mean to rain on your parade. Maybe you see something i don't.

I saw a guy give up on a play, hoping the blitz gets there while he jogs behind his man.

I might have faith in him if he had faith in himself. But he doesn't.

Dont't give me this crap about how no one could have covered galloway. If that were true, no one would ever blitz tampa, and when they did he would score every time.

"What am I supposed to do? He's fast." ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? Can you imagine Darrell Green saying that??? Hell, I can't imagine Martin Mayhew saying that.

Fact: An NFL corner, never mind a top-10 draft pick, should be able to cover a wide receiver for at least a couple seconds.

But hey, i dont mean to rain on your parade. Maybe you see something i don't.

I saw a guy give up on a play, hoping the blitz gets there while he jogs behind his man.

Rodgers doesn't have Green's speed. Williams should know that by now and not put Rodgers in a situation where he has no help on a crossing route or a go route.

Of course teams will blitz Tampa. But don't blitz with man coverage at the line with no deep help for the speedy Galloway!!!

You know what, I think that dropped INT in Seattle ruined Carlos' confidence. When he sees the ball coming his way he forces himself to it, trying too hard to catch it (a la dropage). Reminds me of Jacksonville's receivers (forcing themselves into the ball) which ends in a drop. Getting burnt early and often this season is killing it more. Ken Harvey said that is why he plays so far off of the line, and its looking more and more reasonable.

I have faith in Carlos and I still think he is a good player, but he needs some more confidence. Its like a QB that plays with no confidence, the opposing players know it and come right for you. You can tell Rogers' has no confidence when he plays with no cushion, which tells the QB to throw his way. Unfourtunately, it is a never ending cycle.

Rogers is looking like our versian of Terrence Newman

my only hope comes in the fact it took Newman more than a year and a half in the league to really play to his potential

the way we talk about Rogers is the same way Cowboy Nation was talking about Newman last year

that makes me feel much better. the only thing rogers has proven he can do is hit extremely hard. hes obviously in position enough times because balls continuously hit him in the hands/chest, and hes definitely fast but something just isnt right. this whole cushion thing is probably williams idea because rogers gets torched so much he has to compensate.

He sucks. I am sorry because nobody wanted him to be a shut down corner more than I did. He flat out stinks. Now, corners are entitled to a sophomore slump and I am ok wiyth him being TERRIBLE this year in light of the fact that the entire defense is atrocious but he needs an off-season to work hard and figure out if he is the player deserving of his draft pick. He showed definite promise last year and to be quite honest I really was convinced we had a corner for the future in him after last year but he has just been awful this year. I said for the first 5 games that when Springs comes back he can go back to covering the second reciever and he will be his old self again but he is just as bad whether Kenny Wright is ont he other side of him or Shawn. He is just awful. I know I have seen it alot in other threads but how he pulled up on Gradkowski ona CB blitz in that game just sickened me. His dropped balls, his constantly chasing behind freely running wide recievers who have toasted him is just unfathomable. He is absolutely terrible right now and my only faith in him is really an extension of Joe Gibbs. This kid needs coaching ( and at this point maybe a shrink - "what can I do, he is fast"????????). This guy was supposed to eventually be our number one corner. Shawn is on his way down the hill as evidenced by his injuries in the playoffs last year and the beginning of the season this year. I expected to see Shawn slow down AS carlos improved. I thought their would be a switch to Carlos as the number one with Shawn at the number two for awhile until a new CB could be brought in and we waive good bye to a good corner going off into the sunset at the twilight of his career with Shawn. Its just not happening. Carlos is not a shut down corner and quite frankly unless he has a drastic psychological turnaround this off-season he will be a busted first round pick. Carlos has been a major dissapppintment this year and unlike you I have absolutely no evidence to suggest that he will get anything other than destroyed by steve smith and the rest of the panthers this sunday. :eaglesuck

Archived