Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How Did Romo Do It?

RiggoReincarnated

How did he do it? Nobody, nobody heard of Tony Romo sits to pee before this year. He was undrafted.

How does he come into the regular season of the NFL and play this way? It makes no logical sense as he's an undrafted player.

He was projected a late round pick but went undrafted.

Sean Payton was absolutely in love with him from the start. And he knew all about him because Romo sits to pee broke all of Payton's records at Eastern Illinois.

He then sat on the bench in the same system for 3 years, soaking everything in from the good, to the bad, to the ugly.

He never got down about being the 3rd stringer over overhyped and overrated players such as Henson, and he was always was a pupil of the game. Whether he was going to be 2nd or 3rd string, or even inactive.

On top of all this, Parcells grew to truly like the kid and knew he had something in him.

Put all that together, in a nut shell, and you have what youve seen thus far.

Who knows how long it will last. A long long time hopefully. But in this NFL, it could end just as quickly as it began.

But things sure do look good.

How did he do it? Nobody, nobody heard of Tony Romo sits to pee before this year. He was undrafted.

I knew it and I called it before he got his first start.

I knew he would be real good. But even I have to admit, I didn' think it would be THIS good, THIS fast.

I'm a bit of a draftnick and had heard about Romo sits to pee in 2003. He was projected to go as high as a 4th rounder, but probably looked like a 6th rounder. His size, arm strength, and level of competition were a concern, but generally scouts liked him and thought he might have a future as an NFL starter and should have a decent shot at being a steady backup in the NFL because he was excellent in college.

It's a bit tricky in the sense that he wasn't projected to go very high, but me and every NFL contact or other draftnick I knew and trusted were a bit surprised he still didn't get drafted. And I was even surprised he signed with Dallas (we still thought we might have something in Quincy :doh: ), but I liked the pickup.

How did he do it?

He worked his butt off, straightened out some things, learned the game, learned what it takes and had a coaching staff that knows how to develop a franchise QB and was patient with him.

YAKUZA

There is an article in the Dallas Morning News about how he belongs in the pro bowl. I know that hes has played really well but hes played some pretty crappy defenses. .

In QB rating allowed, the Panthers rank 10th, the Skins 32nd, the Cards 15th and the Colts 18th right now.....that's *after* Romo sits to pee played them which only hurt their stats even more.

Those teams aren't exactly the 1942 Chicago Bears or even the 1985 Bears. The Skins pass defense is atrocious. But, the other defenses have decent to solid pass defense and he's been outstanding and has done it mostly on the road.

I'm not ready to put him in Canton either, but if he continues this pace throughout and it gets Dallas to the playoffs, he should definitely be a Pro Bowler given the pace the other NFC QB's are playing at.

The Pro Bowl takes 3 QB's, and outside of Bulger and Brees, I don't see any other NFC QB playing better than he is right now.

YAKUZA

There is an article in the Dallas Morning News about how he belongs in the pro bowl. I know that hes has played really well but hes played some pretty crappy defenses. Not to say that he wont be a good qb but lest not put him in canton just yet.

Why did you change from the Pro Bowl, which may sound odd but is actually realistic, to Canton? :(

In QB rating allowed, the Panthers rank 10th, the Skins 32nd, the Cards 15th and the Colts 18th right now.....that's *after* Romo sits to pee played them which only hurt their stats even more.

Those teams aren't exactly the 1942 Chicago Bears or even the 1985 Bears. The Skins pass defense is atrocious. But, the other defenses have decent to solid pass defense and he's been outstanding and has done it mostly on the road.

I'm not ready to put him in Canton either, but if he continues this pace throughout and it gets Dallas to the playoffs, he should definitely be a Pro Bowler given the pace the other NFC QB's are playing at.

The Pro Bowl takes 3 QB's, and outside of Bulger and Brees, I don't see any other NFC QB playing better than he is right now.

YAKUZA

If he makes the Pro Bowl, he has Grossman's inconsistencies and McNabb's injuries to thank, imo. If he makes it over Vivk I'm gonna be pissed, though. Not b/c Vick deserves it or anything, but b/c Vick undeservedly bumped Brunell last year. So it should happen to you too :silly:

I personally wouldn't vote him in just b/c he hasn't started even half the season yet. I would consider Alex Smith over Romo sits to pee just for that reason. But you never know.

Remember Drew Henson was Jerry Jones's pet QB and Romo sits to pee was like the redheaded stepchild. This guy had to fight/learn everything to impress the boss even without taking a snap. It was not like he could just sit and wait. This is the reason he plays more like a fourth year vet instead of a rookie. Of course, learning from Vinny and Bledsore is not too bad either.

Lucky cowgirls! Without BP, Jerry Jones would have run Romo sits to pee out of town so that Drew Henson could be the QB.

I'm a bit of a draftnick and had heard about Romo sits to pee in 2003. He was projected to go as high as a 4th rounder, but probably looked like a 6th rounder. His size, arm strength, and level of competition were a concern, but generally scouts liked him and thought he might have a future as an NFL starter and should have a decent shot at being a steady backup in the NFL because he was excellent in college.

It's a bit tricky in the sense that he wasn't projected to go very high, but me and every NFL contact or other draftnick I knew and trusted were a bit surprised he still didn't get drafted. And I was even surprised he signed with Dallas (we still thought we might have something in Quincy :doh: ), but I liked the pickup.

How did he do it?

He worked his butt off, straightened out some things, learned the game, learned what it takes and had a coaching staff that knows how to develop a franchise QB and was patient with him.

YAKUZA

There HAS to be SOMETHING wrong with him, doesn't there? Doesn't there?

Romo sits to pee's just one of those phenomenons like Kurt Warner or even a 6th rounder like Tom Brady. Don't know if he'll have that type of success, but every once in awhile someone comes out of nowhere to hit it big. Looks like Dallas did with Romo sits to pee.

If he makes the Pro Bowl, he has Grossman's inconsistencies and McNabb's injuries to thank, imo. If he makes it over Vivk I'm gonna be pissed, though. Not b/c Vick deserves it or anything, but b/c Vick undeservedly bumped Brunell last year. So it should happen to you too :silly:

I personally wouldn't vote him in just b/c he hasn't started even half the season yet. I would consider Alex Smith over Romo sits to pee just for that reason. But you never know.

Vick not only bumped Brunell last year, but he also bumped Bledsoe. I think the Redskins and Cowboys are fair and square in this department

Don't believe me? Check out the stats from last year.....

Drew Bledsoe: Competion Percentage: 60.1

Yards: 3639

Yards/Game: 227.4

TDs: 23

INT: 17

QB Rating: 83.7

Mark Brunell: Competion Percentage: 57.7

Yards: 3050

Yards/Game: 190.6

TDs: 23

INT: 10

QB Rating: 85.9