Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where is the TE in the passing game?

Awesome

Definitely something I think that has been under utilized so far.

Flemister hasn't proven much, but he's got good speed and has better than average hands.

Plays to the tight end aren't things defenses will be looking for, why not try to exploit it more?

Originally posted by NavyDave

What do you mean??

I saw Rasby making blocks yesterday.

Flem had his bonehead 5 yard penalty as usual and is just keeping the spot warm for the rest of the season.

I'm talking about throwing the ball to them, not using them as blockers.

Zeron had a couple thrown his way yesterday, but he either dropped it or Shane missed him outright.

Personally, I'd like to see Leonard Stephens get a few more chances. He seems to do more with the tiny bit of playing time that SOS has given him.

The Redskins have never utilized the TE that much since the George Allen era. Not since Jerry Smith who was really a small TE, who was more of a WR playing tight end. :rolleyes:

Even Clint Didier who had some big important catches, never had 100 yard receiving game in his entire career.

The last Redskin TE who had a 100 yard receiving game was Jean Fugent who George Allen signed away from the Cowboys. That was like almost 30 years ago! :laugh:

Flemister has really regressed this year. He's dropped many balls, has been called for penalties, and I believe his blocking esp. prior to Rasby returning was suspect. He only made the team as a result of injuries. This is strange because I thought he played well last year and was on the verge of being a dependable player.

Archived