Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Truth about our coaching staff...

TradeTheBeal!

...is that Williams and Saunders are basically co-head coaches. They operate autonomously and independently of Gibbs and, likely, answer to no one regarding their gameplans or performance. Gibbs, at this point, is no more than a figurehead...our own version of Bobby Bowden or Dick Vermeil, so to speak.

No way in the world did Gibbs have anything to do with today's gameplan or play selection. The Gibbs we remember (81-05) wouldn't, in a million years, show so little regard for the running game in a scenario like today's (green qb, 1st start, on the road, low scoring opponent, fresh RBs). That Gibbs would have run the ball upwards of 40 times in a game as close as this one, if not more. Today's offense looked for all the world like a Spurrier/Turner unit - disjointed, inefficient and reckless.

So, friends, call it what it is...Al Saunders - Head Coach of the Washington Redskins...Joe Gibbs - Team President...Vinny Cerrato - Head of PR Dept.

Maas was awful today as other threads will indicate but I was too lazy to turn up Sonny Sam and that other ..guy so that's on me.

But yes he ranted about how there are too many chefs in the kitchen and they skins need to clear up the 'red tape' and basically cut some guys loose and/or change titled. He outlined a plan for a GM. Nothing none of us on this board hasn't done already but despite the fact that he's annoying in his broadcast - he was pretty much correct in his assessment.

There is no GM. That means there is an organizational free for all when it comes to signing free agents and evaluating draft picks.

For some ungodly reason the process 'worked' in 2004 in netting us players like Washington, Griffin, Portis and Springs that helped us get to the playoffs last season when they were all healthy.

In 2006 the process has been exposed as the same free for all has resulted in the acquisition of some questionable talents such as Archuleta and Andre Carter.

You don't start throwing around $10 million bonuses to guys unless you are talking about players that are among the elite at their positions.

When you give Archuleta a deal that surpasses what Ed Reed got, and then you see what #40 does on the field for you, it is obvious this organization is competing with one hand tied behind its back.

Andre Carter? He had 12.5 sacks in 2002. That's great :)

The problem is it's 2006!

What did Carter do in 2004 and 2005. He recuperated from back surgery and then was switched to outside linebacker.

And we gave him that contract to play DE?

If you believe in Carter and want to bring him on board, based on his history, give him an incentive laden deal for 3-4 years where he can earn his $4-$5 million in roster bonuses with sequentially better performances each season.

Carter had not proven himself worthy of a guaranteed deal for significant dollars prior to 2006. With Julian Peterson leaving the 49ers, SF had the money to resign Carter but let him go because he didn't fit their system.

But I don't remember any other clubs lining up to give him a big contract offer.

Bill Maas is a terrible announcer, which is why he got stuck calling our game today. Bad announcers follow bad teams.

But, he was right about the structure of the organization. It's ridiculous and the results on the field prove it. Sonny has been saying this team does not have an identity and Maas said the same thing today. They are right.

Tell me, who is calling the plays on this team? Who is the head coach Who is the OC?

I know their titles, but not sure who does what anymore and I don't think they know either.

Hail,

H

Gibbs fired Brunell. Now he has to decide what kind of team he wants to have. If he wants a smash mouth offense he is going to have to fire his friend, the right reverend Al Saunders because Saunders is in love with distributing the ball to as many players as possible. He is not going to call a game where Portis gets 30 carries each week and Campbell looks downfield regularly for Moss off play action.

He wants to use the #2 tailback as a receiver, he wants to use the #2 tight end in patterns as well, he wants to run 4 wides and throw occasionally to the #4 WR. He wants to shuttle in backs and changes things up.

All good ideas in an offense with those kinds of parts and with an offensive line that is equally as adept at pass blocking and run blocking.

Unfortunately, the Redskins OL is not one of these. Portis made this line look a lot better than it is in 2005 with his own playmaking ability and now the line is being exposed with his absence and the injuries to Moss.

the other backs get no space to run and the quarterback has no time to find Lloyd, ARE or Thrash.

I got the sense that Gibbs was upset about the lack of running plays called as well as the inefficiency of the running game whenever they chose to run. Also, he seemed angry about the fumble by Betts.

Gibbs got angry?????? hahahahaha. That's a good one! I thought for sure we played super smart and fought our guts out! BOUT DAMN TIME HE GOT "ANGRY"! WTF TOOK SO LONG????????????????????????????????

Archived