Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My respect for Gibbs and the big picture

Burl

I respect everything Gibbs has done for my team; everything from the way he won’t trash a player in the media to one of his simple rules, “Don’t embarrass the Redskins”. And I can’t help but smile when I hear that laugh.

I have so much respect for him, that I cannot and will not criticize him. I know there are many that strongly disagree with that stance, and I don’t want it to seem like I’m saying they are wrong. Everyone has a right to their opinion. This is just mine.

For me, there is no way Gibbs can tarnish anything he’s done for the Redskins. Just the fact that he cared enough to come back and try to help this team says a lot.

Even with all of the possible problems the Redskins have, one thing remains constant with me: I respect Joe Gibbs’ philosophy and approach to the game. There is no person I’d rather have trying to fix this mess than him. Even if he doesn’t get it figured out, I will forever be thankful that he decided to make an effort.

In the future, when we’re back on track and have more winning seasons than not, maybe Gibbs won’t get the credit. Gibbs II may be just another footnote for some in the long line of coaches since he left. But to me, I’ll always look at this time as one where a hall of fame legend cared enough about the fans and the tradition of the Washington Redskins to come back and give it a shot. Regardless of the outcome of this season, or any others that Gibbs has here, he will always be a legend to me.

Burl

I’ll always look at this time as one where a hall of fame legend cared enough about the fans and the tradition of the Washington Redskins to come back and give it a shot. Regardless of the outcome of this season, or any others that Gibbs has here, he will always be a legend to me.

Wonderfully said. As dissapointing as things have been this year we soemtimes forget about that.

Thank you - Perhaps the newbies have forgotten or were still in diapers, Mr. Joe Gibbs was asked to come back - almost pleaded with and put on a "guilt trip" to come back; and we were blessed - he said yes.

He is the greatest coach I have ever seen, in my 30+years, almost 40 of following football, of any team in the NFL; and will be long after I quit watching football - Joes Gibbs is not I or II, Joe Gibbs IS the The Washington Redskins.

Thanks for the good post Burl. Joe Gibbs is a great coach and an even better person. Since he has returned, it has been much more fun to be a Redskins fan. The team has more class and professionalism under his leadership, Gibbs has made the right moves at the right times, and most importantly, Gibbs cares about the team and the fans.

I respect everything Gibbs has done for my team; everything from the way he won’t trash a player in the media to one of his simple rules, “Don’t embarrass the Redskins”. And I can’t help but smile when I hear that laugh.

I have so much respect for him, that I cannot and will not criticize him. I know there are many that strongly disagree with that stance, and I don’t want it to seem like I’m saying they are wrong. Everyone has a right to their opinion. This is just mine.

For me, there is no way Gibbs can tarnish anything he’s done for the Redskins. Just the fact that he cared enough to come back and try to help this team says a lot.

Even with all of the possible problems the Redskins have, one thing remains constant with me: I respect Joe Gibbs’ philosophy and approach to the game. There is no person I’d rather have trying to fix this mess than him. Even if he doesn’t get it figured out, I will forever be thankful that he decided to make an effort.

In the future, when we’re back on track and have more winning seasons than not, maybe Gibbs won’t get the credit. Gibbs II may be just another footnote for some in the long line of coaches since he left. But to me, I’ll always look at this time as one where a hall of fame legend cared enough about the fans and the tradition of the Washington Redskins to come back and give it a shot. Regardless of the outcome of this season, or any others that Gibbs has here, he will always be a legend to me.

Burl

I see where you are coming from, but please! :doh:

Don't you think $5MM per year was a significant factor in him agreeing to return? Think he'd have done it for $100K? :rolleyes:

• 1 year later...

Archived