Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What do you think/hope Gibbs will say at his press conferense today?

kcofdc

What should be said:

I think it's time to make a change. These things are never easy, blah,blah,blah. Mark understands though and will support Jason as the starter and be ready if we call on him. :applause:

What may be said:

I think it's time to make a change. These things are never easy, blah,blah,blah. Mark understands though and will support Todd as the starter and be ready if we call on him. As far as Jason, we just think he needs more time. Time for what, even I don't know. :laugh: :doh:

What will be said:

We are turning that play into the league ( fumble ). That was a horrible call. And let me just say that to all our fans, you're great, Mark is super smart, our coaching staff does a hell, sorry heck, of a job calling those screens and reverses and useless motions. I think we will build on the good that we saw yesterday, once I find something good on either side of the ball, and see what happens next week in Tampa. We are all in this together and it starts with me. Making a QB change isn't necessary at this time because it's all of us, not just one guy. Especially since, heck, Mark played great yesterday except for that one INT which, of course he would like to have back. Oh, and I just want to say that I think Greg ( Williams) is doing a heck of a job. People really don't appreciate how hard it is up here, in the NFL, to have a great defense year in and year out. It's tough, I tell ya.

All while the reporters and fans are going :rubeyes: , thinking :wtf: , saying to themselves : Who needs reverses and motions and screens when your down 3 touchdowns :whoknows: , Brunell played like crap...again, and the only thing "tough" for GW this year was to take a defense from a top5 defense to a bottom5 defsense in one season! :rolleyes:

I hope he says that while MB was in the shower the team stole his wallet snuck on the bus and left him in Philly :doh:

He will say what he always says after a loss.

"Well we didn't do some things that we wanted to do.

We weren't consistant on offense.

They have a really good team and it's hard to do certain things against them.

We'll go back to work and watch the films and see from there."

He's being WAY too nice.

I thought maybe he was kicking ass behind the scenes but week after week, we still look like a bunch of old ladies from the care center so apparently, he's not.

So, like I say every year:

Maybe next year!!!!!

He'll probably say "we're gonna make a QB change this week. We're gonna try Mark Brunell throwing with his right arm 'cause his left arm doesn't work anymore."

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :thumbsup:

I hope Gibbs says:

1. Campbell is starting because Brunell was deported to Libya.

2. Jon Jansen has been playing with metal rods in his legs, which were removed this morning. He will now be able to move and make blocks.

3. Chris Samuels was just found tied to a tree in the woods. He is surprisingly healthy, and will start this week. The man pretending to be samuels for the last 9 weeks was actually Mitch Conners, a former ballet dancer turned con-man.

4. Ladell Betts elected to have surgery to remove both his hands. Our quarterbacks will no longer be allowed to throw to him in the flat.

5. Andre Carter received a refresher session on the NFL rulebook. He now realizes that he may rush the passer on every down, and does not have to count to "7 mississippi" before crossing the line of scrimmage.

6. Troy Vincent has made a startling revelation: He was actually born in 1984, not 1968. This being said, we can expect him to continue to progress under Williams' system, and eventually develop into a pro-bowl player. He has shown great potential.

I can't stop laughing, I need to get out of this thread before I get in trouble at work. :laugh: :applause:

:helmet: :cheers: :helmet:

Yeah we'll get all the typical Gibbs coach-speak, but like everybody else, what I'm really hoping for is this statement:

"I talked to Mark and he's not happy about it, but he understands my decision, and he'll do everthing he can to support Jason."

Yes, we know it's not all Brunell, but this team NEEDS a spark....PLEASE, JOE!!!

"Im to blame for this loss, im putting it on me"

"were all in this together"

"this team has great character"

"i love the fight in our team"

"were gonna take a real hard look at the film and see what we can do to correct things"

"we had too many critical penalties"

"im not making any significant changes at any one position"

"too many breakdowns on defense that allowed big plays"

"WERE ALL IN THIS THING TOGETHER HERE NOW, EVERY ONE OF US"

Summary:

Sad to say, u r probably right.

sorry to say i think Collins will get the nod before Campbell :(

this would be the dumbest move possible. Starting Collins provides us absolutely nothing, he is not the future, present or past. Say we do start him and he does alright, goes 50/50 for the duration, we miss the playoffs? then what collins is our starter next year? please.

This team needs a change but at least make it a change with a purpose. If brunell gets benched he should have no reason to gripe, complain or say anything about the decision, Gibbs has given him every opportunity to take control of this team and he has dropped the ball. Or thrown it away, whichever analogy suits you.

If Gibbs comes out with the same ol' we're going to stay the course BS, I hope the team revolts.

What I want to hear:

- Mark Brunell is now the backup, Campbell will start next week.

- Anything but "this one is on me" how bout: our defensive backs didnt cover well, our defensive line didnt get a good rush, our linebackers tackled poorly, our line protected Mark badly, and the only bright spot is our WR's tried again to no avail, and our runningbacks have a hell of a lot of heart filling in for Portis, those guys never give less than 110%

What we will hear:

-This game is on me

-We have a tough road ahead

-We looked at the game film and thought (INSERT PLAYER WHO TRUELY HAD A BAD GAME) had a good game, (INSERT ENTIRE UNIT THAT PLAYED BADLY) really was playing well, and if we had just hit on a few more plays that went unfortunatly in Philly's favor, we would have been closer.

-Mark is a great guy, really a good leader, and I still think he is the best option for this team at quarterback

-We need to be more focused, we are planning to win 7 straight so we gotta get to work.

-We have a group of real character guys, hard workers, super smarts, fightin their guts out, etc.

I dont care what any of them say at this point. Whatever they have been doing has not been working. They play flat, They have forgotten how to tackle, They stand around and watch d-lineman chase their backfield. They need a serious refresher on football fundamentals.

Enough with candy coated pressers that dont mean squat. Show us results...cut some ****es..take their paychecks...let guys play that are not afraid to wrap up. Yeah Brunell makes bad plays....but this team has problems top to bottom. That defense has lost its killer instinct...Presser? ...less talkin...more walkin

"Im to blame for this loss, im putting it on me"

"were all in this together"

"this team has great character"

"i love the fight in our team"

"were gonna take a real hard look at the film and see what we can do to correct things"

"we had too many critical penalties"

"im not making any significant changes at any one position"

"too many breakdowns on defense that allowed big plays"

"WERE ALL IN THIS THING TOGETHER HERE NOW, EVERY ONE OF US"

Summary:

Gibbs isnt gonna say anything we havent heard already after our previous losses. So we are wasting our time listening to his Press Conference if you ask me.

You forgot one......

"Mark gives us the best chance to win"......... (which by the way I believe).:helmet:

Archived