Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Portis out 1 Month, will have surgery

BurgGold75

Been a tough injury year for portis, no doubt. On a positive note, (somewhat anyway), the duckett trade does not seem as foolish anymore.

How does the Duckett trade not look foolish, because he ran the ball 2 times and had a 12 yard gain on one?

are you serious?

I'm actually glad he's out for most of the rest of the season. He just needs to rest and recuperate. We weren't going anywhere this season anyway. He seems to be battered and broken down at an early stage of his career, so I'd prefer he recover and get some rest instead of exacerbating his other injuries with meaningless carries.

Good, I loved how Betts ran the ball today. I would really like to see Betts as the main RB in this offense.

I seriously CANNOT believe you just said, "good" to hearing that portis is out for a month. Betts is not a starting running back in this league. He does not have the vision to see the holes and get through them quickly. If we ran the same plays for portis as we did for betts then portis would have had a much better game. Betts got all his yards running downhill between the guards and tackles instead of those stupid sweep and stretch runs that Saunders is in love with. We need duckett starting next week and have him just run right up the middle, none of these "finesse" runs to the outside, just give him the ball and have him run between the G and T.

You gotta be kidding me.......................

Anything but....

For the same reason why people want Cambell in, I want Betts in. I want to see what some of these players can do when nothing is on the line, will they still fight, do they want to play, etc. Anytime Betts has been in the game, he has ran his heart out, and you never see him take himself out of the game like Portis does.

If you cant understand that, you might not want to read my threads anymore.

besides some bone head plays by taylor,The defense probably had 1 of their better games.I really hope gibbs will make a QB change now that the season is over.Brunell is is horrific. He never trys to scramble and make any plays.If he feels pressure he throws the ball away.He 15yard drop that he takes makes it hard for our O Line ,which is struggling anyway.i'm also not that dissapointed that Portis is out either,i think he had a bad habit of coming out of the games to often anyway and letting Betts spell him.gibbs is just a figure head on this team with 2 high paid assistants who call the whole game.Maybe if Gibbs would get some balls and get rid of this country club atmosphere,and get in peoples faces and hold people accountable. We might not be sitting here at 3-6.

I seriously CANNOT believe you just said, "good" to hearing that portis is out for a month. Betts is not a starting running back in this league. He does not have the vision to see the holes and get through them quickly. If we ran the same plays for portis as we did for betts then portis would have had a much better game. Betts got all his yards running downhill between the guards and tackles instead of those stupid sweep and stretch runs that Saunders is in love with. We need duckett starting next week and have him just run right up the middle, none of these "finesse" runs to the outside, just give him the ball and have him run between the G and T.

Are you really that stupid to think that we run a different set a plays for Portis then we do for Betts. Do the coaches want Portis to fail?

When did you become an insider to know that Betts does not have the vision nor the quickness to hit holes. If anything he hits the holes harder then Portis does. Watch the game sometime, you might see this.

And tell me if im wrong, but overall speed, isnt Betts quicker then Portis. And also havent we heard time after time after time that they dont want our RB's hitting the hole to soon, to let the hole develop. I guess that 4.2 avg per run is so not starting RB quality.

Archived