Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Novak's Field Goal

Rasta

Honestly, who gives a ****? They rule says for a fact that turning of the head while grasping the face mask = 15 yards. Not to mention, I'm sure he didn't say anything about the other 100 yards in penalties they got away with in that game. 3 BLATENT holds, a trip to save a punt from going for TD, etc...

The skins really should draft a kicker at some point, because Novak doesnt appear to be the long term solution, and this part of the game has cost the skins tons of games over the last 5 or so years. A few of those years they were a good kicker away from playoff contention. Does anyone think Novak can be a long term solution?
I do. He had a really good college career, and he is getting better with experience. I know he missed the 49-yarder earlier in the game, but those are not gimmes by ANY kicker. The fact that they put him in to kick it shows me that he is an improvement over John Hall. They would have never put Hall in to kick a 49 yarder. Nick is young, and he's already an above average kicker. Just imagine when he peaks!

I do. He had a really good college career, and he is getting better with experience. I know he missed the 49-yarder earlier in the game, but those are not gimmes by ANY kicker. The fact that they put him in to kick it shows me that he is an improvement over John Hall. They would have never put Hall in to kick a 49 yarder. Nick is young, and he's already an above average kicker. Just imagine when he peaks!

I don't understand this statement. Playing any non-kicking position is different in the NFL than from college, true. But being a kicker/punter is NO different from college. There aren't more complex special teams schemes to block the kick, the ball is just sans stripes, and the holders are only better. How is someone going to get better with experience if it's the exact same thing that he's been doing since high school?

I'm not trying to be a jerk; I genuinely don't understand this argument.

And for the record: I like Novak.

Honestly, who gives a ****? They rule says for a fact that turning of the head while grasping the face mask = 15 yards. Not to mention, I'm sure he didn't say anything about the other 100 yards in penalties they got away with in that game. 3 BLATENT holds, a trip to save a punt from going for TD, etc...

Thankyou i have been trying to tell everyone this for the whole week. His head twisted as a direct result of the facemask hold. 15 yard penalty....WE WIN:dallasuck

1) The Kick Wou have probably been 4-5 yards short. 57 yards is a pretty damn long field goal.

2) If Sean Taylor cuts to the outside on his last move and not to the inside he takes it in for six.

3) If the kick was a 46 yarder he would have missed it wide right.

The fact of the matter is that we won the game. ALL Cowboys fans use this tactic as a defense mechanism. They deal in hypotheticals becuase they cannot except the fact that their team lost. They also make more excuses for losses as well.

After the first game last year, "We dominated you for 56 minutes and you guys got lucky."

After the second game, "14 out of 16, once you get there talk to me."

This week, "It shouldn't have been a 15 yard penalty and if TO catches the ball the game would have been ours."

Cowboys fans can't take their losses, they have to try to make excuses. The reason for this is because they refuse to accept that their team has lost to the Redskins 3 out of 4 times in two years.

Actually it was 13 out of 16 because we won Darrell Green's last game in 2002 i believe? People forget that. As it stands 14 of 18 right now. It's starting to be come less impressive.

If it really makes your Cowboys fan friend feel better, just nod your head and agree that Novak's kick would have missed from any further distance.

See, that's the beauty of winning. Others can say what they like, but in the end it's all meaningless. :)

So true, so very true.:eaglesuck

...... How is someone going to get better with experience if it's the exact same thing that he's been doing since high school? .....

Novak admitted that he short legged the 49yd attempt in reaction to pressure from the defense....NFL defenses, as most here will acknowledge, are bigger, stronger, faster than high schoolers and collegiates.

He claims to have refocused, "trusted his swing" and kept his head down when executing the game winner.... experience gained and confidence enhanced.

If he is comfortably kicking 50+ yarders during pre-game warm ups, then the potential is there to succeed once sufficient "real game" confidence is achieved

Archived