Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wildcard!!!!

Ynot

Has anyone else noticed that the falcons are the only team above five hundred that is not leading there division. They are 5-3 and the rest are 4-4! Plus we play the Flacons in a few weeks. With the Skins 3-5 they can make a big push in the coming weeks as they play the Eagles. I know our conference records and division records suck but we play nothing but Divisional and conference games the rest of the way in and play the teams we need to beat that are 4-4 except the Vikes who we already lost to but a serious run we still have a great shot at a wild card! We can hope GW figures out a way to get the D back from Last year and Bruneel can at least start looking for Llyod and El instead of staring down Moss and Cooley.

NFL Standings - 2006

Season: 200120022003200420052006 Breakdown: By LeagueBy ConferenceBy Division Split: OverallHomeRoadDivisionvs. AFCvs. NFCGrassTurfIndoorsOutdoorsOvertime 2006 NATIONAL FOOTBALL CONFERENCE

NFC EAST W L T PCT PF PA STRK DIV CONF

NY Giants 6 2 0 .750 194 144 Won 5 3-0 5-1

Dallas 4 4 0 .500 223 164 Lost 1 1-3 2-3

Philadelphia 4 4 0 .500 206 160 Lost 3 1-1 3-3

Washington 3 5 0 .375 162 190 Won 1 1-2 1-3

NFC NORTH W L T PCT PF PA STRK DIV CONF

Chicago 7 1 0 .875 234 100 Lost 1 3-0 6-0

Minnesota 4 4 0 .500 130 135 Lost 2 1-1 4-2

Green Bay 3 5 0 .375 162 200 Lost 1 1-1 2-4

Detroit 2 6 0 .250 162 203 Won 1 0-3 1-5

NFC SOUTH W L T PCT PF PA STRK DIV CONF

New Orleans 6 2 0 .750 198 159 Won 1 3-1 5-1

Atlanta 5 3 0 .625 167 164 Lost 1 2-1 3-3

Carolina 4 4 0 .500 137 163 Lost 2 2-1 2-3

Tampa Bay 2 6 0 .250 102 173 Lost 2 0-4 1-5

NFC WEST W L T PCT PF PA STRK DIV CONF

Seattle 4 3 0 .571 149 177 Lost 2 2-0 4-2

St. Louis 4 4 0 .500 180 197 Lost 3 1-2 3-2

San Francisco 3 5 0 .375 143 238 Won 1 1-1 2-3

Arizona 1 7 0 .125 134 196 Lost 7 1-2 1-5

We have a tough game against the Eagles in Philly- if they win that game then they have the struggling Bucs in Tampa- then 2 straight home games. A win in Philly could turn the season around.

I totally agree, a win in Philly would spring board us as a widcard contender! OK I know GW defense is not palying well, and the offense is struggling but you can say the same aobut the 4-4 teams!

I'd also like to say that I'm mainlining the kool aid- so my opinion isn't really based on ANY facts at all. But if you beat Philly IN Philly- you gotta think that they have a chance of putting something together. The world is BEAUTIFUL through these rosey colored glasses.

As much as I enjoyed yesterday's game this team still has a lot of work to do if they want to make the playoffs.

No one is saying it will be easy, but I am sure the fans for the other teams that ate 4-4 and 3-5 are saying the same thing? It all depends on which team can make the right adjustments and get a few breaks down the stretch

Getting the win yesterday, no matter how ugly, was a good start. The problem is the Skins margin for error is very thin due to our division and NFC record. We have to treat every game as a playoff game because if we suffer another loss next week in Phili, then its official that our season is over.

Lets hope yesterdays win will build some momentum to at least give ourselves a shot to compete down the strech. But the Defense needs to get it together. They are just playing horrible right now. They made some nice plays down the strech, but they need to get better now if we have any shot at all to make the playoffs.

Last year we were 5-6 when we made a run, not 3-5. Unfortunately, there are 8 teams in the NFC, not leading their division, who have better or equal records to ours. If we could turn it around and make the play-offs, that would require a major turnaround and an effort that would surpass last years run. It's a big IF, but we would then be unstoppable (provided we throw the ball downfield more than 8 yards).

Next week is a must win. If they win and i think Dallas will loss to the Cardinals. The Giants will lose to the angry Bears.

There will be a 3 way tie for second, and two games behind the Giants. And the Redskins will have the advantage with only home games left in the division.

Plus the schedule gets a bit soft. I think the Saints and Rams will be prentenders by the end of he year.

If they win these next two we are in good shape. Then its just 5-1 to end the season.

One game at a time. I do believe the defense is going to improve with all of its starters back. The defense played okay yesterday. We still need to improve our running game. Again, one game at a time, this was a big win for us. Remember when Marty was here, LeVar's interception of Weinke and win against the Panthers started a 5 game winning streak. It can happen, one play has the ability to change a season, Semper Fi (stealing a phrase from the corps)....Always faithful.

I believe in Gibbs and I believe in this team.

Hail to the Redskins!!!!

Last year we were 5-6 when we made a run, not 3-5. Unfortunately, there are 8 teams in the NFC, not leading their division, who have better or equal records to ours. If we could turn it around and make the play-offs, that would require a major turnaround and an effort that would surpass last years run. It's a big IF, but we would then be unstoppable (provided we throw the ball downfield more than 8 yards).

That does not really mean a thing. Those 8 could go to 3 next by one win.

The Redskins still basically control their destiny. They have to win the next two.

The team is 1 game out of the wild card.

If they can win their next two games, I'll be a bit more optimistic. Right now I have no expectations and refuse to get excited over a 3-5 team that has been wildly inconsistant.

IMO, they have alot to prove to the fans.

I agree sometimes you just need a win like this one that says there is hope, you must believe, I do beleive that our defense still needs a lot of work, Any time Tony Romo sits to pee can have the stats he had agaisnt us and to have over a 60% ratio on completing third downs is not good. The Defense seems to have a hard time getting off the field even when they do good on 1st and 2nd downs. If out defense had been up to par of the last three years we would not be sweeting this! But you have to play with the cards you have been delt and find the right combinations and make the correct adjsutments. The defense is getting healthier and with the addition of Troy Vincent we will be better but still not up to last few years. The offense has its brite spots and we will just have to see if Brunnell can last and if JC is ready as I beleive at somepoint he will be in there by injury or default

Just dont see it myself. One blocked FG and a penalty isnt really a game plan for success. GW has a lot of explaning to do as far as our D is concerned. We are simmply worse than last year in so many ways.

Thats the type of win we needed. An emotional win against our most hated rival. It propelled us into the playoffs last year. Maybe it can happen again.

Listen to this man he makes some sense. Last year, I was one of the people who said that at 5-6 we could make the playoffs. The only reason I believed it though was after looking carefully at not only our remaining schedule, but the remaining schedule of everyone else in the playoff hunt along with us and those close behind us. It helped that we were only about two games out of a playoff spot with 5 to go, not where we are now with 8 to go... The redskins are so much closer to being in the absolute basement of the NFC than they are to being in the playoffs, that wasn't the case last year...

I would suggest before people get so excited, analyze not only the skins schedule, but that of everyone else that we'd have to jump over to make the playoffs... I'll admit, I haven't even thought about doing it this year, because I don't see this as a playoff team. Come back and report what you've got and you'd be a lot more credible than just every other hopeful who sees the playoffs through a pair or 3-5 glasses...

Not trying to be negative, just making a suggestion....

we are still 14th in the NFC.....that didnt change...we still lose the tiebreaker to the 49ers and the Packers (the other 3-5 teams)....can you really say we have played better than either of those teams?

Also, its technically 2 games back...right now the vikings lead the wild card of the 4-4 teams, and we lost to them head to head, so we cannot end tied with them....

the eagles are 7-0 lifetime coming off a bye....

the main thing this week changed is that it may be possible to be a wild card team at 9-7....

but we put ourselves in a hole by losing to minnesota....

and you probably have to win 4 of your next 5...if not all 5....

if we win the next 2, and come home against carolina, atlanta, and philly (all teams we will be competing with for that final spot) at 5-5 then I will get hopeful...

but, as of right now...still 14th in the NFC....still let Romo sits to pee drive down on us with 30 seconds to go....still facing McNabb who tends to do his best peyton manning impersonation when he plays us....

here is my bright spot...

when i was at Army it didnt matter if we went 1-11, so long as we beat Navy....

right now, for another YEAR, the Redskins beat Dallas in their last meeting...it will be awesome if we make the playoffs...but after the way i felt standing in that stadium yesterday, if we dont it wont sting nearly as badly...because in January I will pop a beer, pop on the Tivo, watch 22-19, look at my sons and say "Mommy and Daddy were there..."

Archived