Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor is an UNFAIRLY marked man....

RonArtest15

There were lots of missed calls going both ways in the game yesterday....from not seeing holding, the trip, or even giving the Cowboys a 15 yard penalty instead of a 5 for the facemask, the refs had a very inconsistent afternoon to say the least. However, I think the 15 yard personal foul on ST for hitting Romo sits to pee "low" was a terrible call, and yet another example of how Taylor's reputation totally preceeds any objectivity from the refs. Not to mention, didn't Brunell take some "low" hits as well? Anyways, he (Taylor) has been the victim of some "iffy" calls all year, and yesterday was no different. Even Troy Aikman, who had his career ended by a hard hit (Mr. Nickles), was saying how some of these rules that are in place to protect the QB are a little ridiculous. Look, I am all for protecting the QB when there are helmet to helmet blows, but these guys are football players also. They shouldn't be protected in the same regard as kickers/punters. Pretty soon, there will be no tackling involved in trying to get the QB down. They will be playing in bubbles, and the two-hand touch rule will apply in trying to make a tackle. I hope the league looks into some of their ridiculous protection rules and makes some changes in the offseason...something needs to be done.....anyways, great victory and HTTR!!

Yeah, I had a conversation with my father about this, it pathetic how refs automatically call the personal fouls on ST nowadays. If you noticed, on another play after the bs call, Taylor came on another blitz and could have pummeled Romo sits to pee, instead he just tried to bat the pass down.

Somebody posted a thread on here about that 15-yarder, and the rule is any time the head moves because of a facemask, it's a 15-yarder. Otherwise, it's a 5. Sean Taylor's head moved completely to the side, so that was a correct call.

Did you even read the first post?

Somebody posted a thread on here about that 15-yarder, and the rule is any time the head moves because of a facemask, it's a 15-yarder. Otherwise, it's a 5. Sean Taylor's head moved completely to the side, so that was a correct call.
Why is someone trying to argue with you when you are correct??

If anyone watched the Colts-Pats game last night, you would have seen a perfect example of the riduclous rules preventing the game from being played like it should. Dwight Freeney came to sack Brady, who was in the motion of passing the ball. Freeney went to add a push to Brady, clearly thinking that he was in the process of passing, but he tucked the ball back. What ended up happening was that Brady just was pushed back a few feet, seemed a bit befuddled, and then completed a pass for a first down. Had Freeney been allowed by the NFL to actually hit the quarterback from time to time, there is no reason to not wrap him up for a sack. However, nowadays, if you touch the quarterback ever so hard, you will get flagged for 15.

If anyone watched the Colts-Pats game last night, you would have seen a perfect example of the riduclous rules preventing the game from being played like it should. Dwight Freeney came to sack Brady, who was in the motion of passing the ball. Freeney went to add a push to Brady, clearly thinking that he was in the process of passing, but he tucked the ball back. What ended up happening was that Brady just was pushed back a few feet, seemed a bit befuddled, and then completed a pass for a first down. Had Freeney been allowed by the NFL to actually hit the quarterback from time to time, there is no reason to not wrap him up for a sack. However, nowadays, if you touch the quarterback ever so hard, you will get flagged for 15.

I saw this last night...these rules to protect the QB are borderline ridiculous...even plenty of ex-QB's are disgusted at how protected starting QB's have become...something has to be done in the offseason I hope

I think Sean Taylor IS a marked player, but "unfairly" I don't know. He has done a bit of stuff to earn himself a reputation on the field, and last year's spitting didn't help matters at all. He is hardnosed and brutal, and as long as the league is over protecting the QB's then Taylor is gonna receive crap calls. The only good thing is that we know they are crap calls which makes them go down a little easier. Frankly, from what I've seen this year, it looks like Taylor has actually calmed down some. Shame

Sean Taylor is definitely a marked man, but he just needs to follow the rules the NFL sets to be able to correctly hit a QB. He first needs to send a written request to the league to be able to come within 2 yards of a quarterback, then invite the QB over for tea so he can assure him that it's not meant to hurt him, just to benefit his team. At the approved moment of contact, Taylor has to appropriately wrap himself in bubble wrap and honk an air horn so that the QB has ample warning that he is coming. When he reaches the QB, he must have a teammate help him gently lay him down (being careful not to touch him below the sternum), and wrap him up in a blanket so that he doesn't get cold on the gound. At that point, and ONLY that point, will the officials call a sack without a flag.

Gosh why can't some people just follow the rules?

Archived