Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Randy Thomas is the best lineman on our team

REEM10

But why does he not get the praise or is rarely talked about by fans or sports guys? All he does is go out and punish people for us year in and year out. He rarely gets beat or gives up sacks. On runs he pretty much snowplows anybody in front of him and pulls with the best.

I mean I think he likes being on the back burner and not talked about, b/c he just enjoys going out and getting the job done, but I just dont think he gets the respect he deserves around the league.

I actually watched him all game today and he was doing his job from snap to whistle. :2cents:

What are your opinions about Randy's job for us?

:dallasuck

The reason Thomas does not get as much recognition as Samuels for example is because he was not the 3nd overall draft pick and did not sign as big of a contract as Samuels did.

I do want to mention that I believe that some fans go a little overboard on the criticism of Samuels and Jansen. They are solid Tackles overall. Samuels is overpaid but what are you going to do? Replace him with some scrub?

Also, after reading some of the other posts I want to make a general comment. At this point, if any of our O Lineman were to go down we would suffer greatly. It happened with Jansen two seasons ago and Thomas last year. Ray Brown did a very admirable job in his stead but once he went down it was a nightmare.

That is damning praise. The ENTIRE offensive line has pretty much sucked all season. The five are the reason our offense is inconsistent and failing to perform at the expected level. SEVEN tries inside the five yard line and not one of them could make a hole wide enough to fit a running back thru.

They have repeatedly failed to open holes for the running game all season and they often fail to provide reasonable time for Brunell to find a receiver.

I simply have not understood all the attention to Brunell when his front five have failed miserably in each and every game.

That is damning praise. The ENTIRE offensive line has pretty much sucked all season. The five are the reason our offense is inconsistent and failing to perform at the expected level. SEVEN tries inside the five yard line and not one of them could make a hole wide enough to fit a running back thru.

They have repeatedly failed to open holes for the running game all season and they often fail to provide reasonable time for Brunell to find a receiver.

I simply have not understood all the attention to Brunell when his front five have failed miserably in each and every game.

Watch Randy Thomas for one game, and see that he is not the problem on the O-Line. You never hear about him getting beat PERIOD! As a overall line (together) I agree with your statement, but to include Randy in that honestly is some :pooh:

I think you are being a tad bit harsh there. Dallass has a good run D and all their DL are over 300 lbs. They did a great job in pass blocking this year. I think Chris Samuels is severely underappreciated by a lot of you guys on this board.

This is at least half-right, but it is out of place in a Randy Thomas praise thread.

Archived