Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trent Green back to Washington

christopher44

Does anyone know if there is a possibility that we could obtain Trent Green next year.Is his contract up.Huard is red hot in KC at 4-2,and Herm Edwards hinting around that he might stick with Huard , Trent might be sitting the bench for the rest of the year.If that doesnt happen anyway is Green's contract up at the end of the year.

Would any of you like to see him in there with Collins as the back up.He already knows the playbook.And I would love to have him.:logo:

SO let me get this straight. We rip Coach and the staff for not replacing the aging Brunell for Campbell (well, at least a lot of the board does). Yet, now you'd have no problem bringing in another 36 year old (who'll be 37 at the start of next season)?

Geesh. Maybe I'm responding to a joke post thread, but this notion is insane. Sorry pal.

SO let me get this straight. We rip Coach and the staff for not replacing the aging Brunell for Campbell (well, at least a lot of the board does). Yet, now you'd have no problem bringing in another 36 year old (who'll be 37 at the start of next season)?

Geesh. Maybe I'm responding to a joke post thread, but this notion is insane. Sorry pal.

My thoughts exctly. I wonder what some people are thinking when they make such posts. The future of the franchise is already here. If/when a change occurs it will be the future. There will not be a high profile FA acquisition at the QB spot once Campbell gewts his shot.

It seems to me that with what Gibbs did in the offseason by signing big time players to big time contracts that he established a win now mentality.Super Bowl or bust mentality.Fine.Than why not bring in Green who knows the playbook and has been part of one of the best offenses in the past 3 seasons.

There is no comparison between Green and Brunoodle.Not even close.Id take Green over Brunoodle at this stage of the game.

It seems to me that with what Gibbs did in the offseason by signing big time players to big time contracts that he established a win now mentality.Super Bowl or bust mentality.Fine.Than why not bring in Green who knows the playbook and has been part of one of the best offenses in the past 3 seasons.

There is no comparison between Green and Brunoodle.Not even close.Id take Green over Brunoodle at this stage of the game.

I'd take Green over brunell right now, but are you people willing to give up on Campbell with out ever even seeing him play?

WTF?

I don't think they're buying it right now Christopher. Just a hunch. ;)

I hear ya.Im not bullsh$%;n though.

There are 2 things

1= If we want a win now mentality,which I think thats what Gibbs had in mind by pretty much shutting down our cap space by signing big names to big contracts then wouldnt you want someone in there that has mastered Al Saunders playbook.

2= if were building for the future ,which in my opinion were not,but if we are then I want Campbell in there and well go through his growing pains together.

I'd take Green over brunell right now, but are you people willing to give up on Campbell with out ever even seeing him play?

WTF?

I hear ya.Ive wanted Campbell in there for the past 2 seasons.I think he has the talent.Its what we need a young athletic mobile qb but by Gibbs signing everyone and there mother in the offseason I think he pretty much said ok Super Bowl now,my owner has deep pockets .Ill sign big names to take our o to the next level.Super Bowl or bust.

If thats the philosiphy ,win now,not build for the future,than yes Id take Green in a heartbeat .

If thats the philosiphy ,win now,not build for the future,than yes Id take Green in a heartbeat .

I have a hard time believing that Gibbs is building a win now team AND not build for the future... the free agent signings are all young guys that will be here for a long time (on offense), the problem is Gibbs is letting GW run the defense and he's bringing in older guys that won't be around much longer... if you look at our core players on offense (which Gibbs handles) we have JC, CP, SM, CC, BL, ARE, and most of our o-line locked up for a good aomount of time... So I beleive that Gibbs is trying to build a win now and in the future team.... I hope so anyways... it's our defense that's getting old in a hurry....

Does anyone know if there is a possibility that we could obtain Trent Green next year.Is his contract up.Huard is red hot in KC at 4-2,and Herm Edwards hinting around that he might stick with Huard , Trent might be sitting the bench for the rest of the year.If that doesnt happen anyway is Green's contract up at the end of the year.

Would any of you like to see him in there with Collins as the back up.He already knows the playbook.And I would love to have him.:logo:

:doh: or :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: , which is it?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I don't think they're buying it right now Christopher. Just a hunch. ;)
I hear ya.Im not bullsh$%;n though.

There are 2 things

1= If we want a win now mentality,which I think thats what Gibbs had in mind by pretty much shutting down our cap space by signing big names to big contracts then wouldnt you want someone in there that has mastered Al Saunders playbook.

2= if were building for the future ,which in my opinion were not,but if we are then I want Campbell in there and well go through his growing pains together.

You are serious arent you? :rolleyes:

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

This is a joke isn't it? The last thing this team needs is another geriatric quarterback nursing a damn injury every week he plays.

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

This is a joke isn't it? The last thing this team needs is another geriatric quarterback nursing a damn injury every week he plays.

A geriatric QB who has led the hottest offense in the past 3 seasons.Plus he knows Al Saunders playbook.ANd hes super smart:silly:

Archived