Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question about Ticket upgrades

Robbnva

Has anyone ever received a ticket upgrade from the Upper to Lower levels within the past 2 or 3 years? If so how di dyou do it? I go with my stepfater who is in his 70's and walking uo to the 2nd to last row of the upper level really f*Ing sucks for me, so i know it does for him.

I am not talking about upgrades to the club lever because they call me all the time for thise expensive seats.

Might want to call the ticket office and see if they can make any accomodations for your stepfather. I had to go to a game last year in a wheelchair due to surgery and was able to swap my seats in the nosebleeds for 1st row of the upper deck.

Might want to call the ticket office and see if they can make any accomodations for your stepfather. I had to go to a game last year in a wheelchair due to surgery and was able to swap my seats in the nosebleeds for 1st row of the upper deck.

We can do that for each game but you have to get inside right when the gates open which wastes valuable TG time.

Has anyone ever received a ticket upgrade from the Upper to Lower levels within the past 2 or 3 years? If so how di dyou do it? I go with my stepfater who is in his 70's and walking uo to the 2nd to last row of the upper level really f*Ing sucks for me, so i know it does for him.

I am not talking about upgrades to the club lever because they call me all the time for thise expensive seats.

I have. Went from sec 426 row 13 to sec 140 row 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a long story if you want to hear it, let me know.

:dallasuck

They did call me and offered me a Deal I couldn't refuse. Get Club level seats for only 2 years and then I would get an automatic upgrade to the lower level (if I didn't want the club level anymore.) And I could have lover level for the rest of my life as a ticketholder.

I said no because it is Way to much f**king money for that.

I would be interested in hearing National Defense story.

All you have to do is say that things are rough for your stepfather. Your agent should be able to do something especially if we lose Sunday :paranoid:

You may have to pay more, and like another guy said you may be paying for Tailgate Club. If you're willing to pay the extra money they'll find you some seats in the lower level :2cents:

HTTR

I def want to hear it.

OK here it goes..........................

This is the fourth year I've had my tickets. My wife (I LOVE her) without me knowing, put us on the waiting list in 1988!

Got an offer in 2002 and went down to Fed Ex to look at the seats. I wanted 2 seats and all I was shown were nosebleeds in the end zone, rows 18 and up in the 400's.

I ask the ticket rep how can we get on the sidelines and he said to get an odd number of seats. He said the the rows are an odd number and you have a better chance of getting decent seats that way because they need to fill the rows. He said it works that way with upgrades also and told me to fax my upgrade request making sure I ask for 3 or 5 seats, get the seats, keep them for 1 year and then give one up for the next year and I'd be where I wanted to be with the 2 seats. I got 3 in sec 426 row13.

Well other things happened also.

The 5th game of the season, I wrongly ejected from the stadium for making too much noise. I wasn't drinking and was with my wife and daughter. I went down to Fed Ex the next day and met with the director of operations and he apologized 3 or 4 times, said they don't have a noise ordinance and wants fans to make noise and asked if there was anything he could do. I'm not greedy (I probably could have been upgraded then) so I said maybe a signed Arrington jersey would be nice. He said it was his first year and he'd see what he could do and ended up sending me a walnut based Jack Kent Cooke stadium collectable for my desk.

I got a call that summer offering obstucted view seats, remember, I took 3 upstairs to get on the sidelines. I went down to see the seats (they had temps set up) and they were OK, not great 220 row 20 under the overhang which was a little wierd. I wasn't sure but hated walking the ramp and the ticket rep said I would have an easier time moving to better seats if I was in the lower bowl so I took them.

When we went to the first game, the architect had mis-label the columns and my view was blocked from the 50 to the 10, they sucked. I went back down to Fed Ex the next day to meet with my ticket agent again. We walked around the stadium for at least 3 hours looking for better seats but to no availe. (This was the year Joe Gibbs came back and the wife said to get another seat but we couldn't because of the waiting list jumping to 110,000)

Well, the rep asked me if I wanted a 4th ticket, that he could get me 2 sets of 2 that were better then the 3's (the pre-season had already started and a couple of pairs had come back. I said OK if he would try to get them together next year (I was going to keep them for a year and then go back to 3) That summer I got a call and went down to the stadium again where he showed me 4 together in 220 row 12 not obstucted.

I took them and came back the next day with 2 dozen golfballs and a $50.00 gift certificate for him. I knew he helped me out but he didn't admit it.

I got a call a week later by his boss telling me they had sold my seats to to people and offered me another set but that I would have to make a decision in an hour. I went back to Fed Ex (I sure knew the route by now) to see them and this time, instead of going to the visitors side and walking up, we went to the home side and walked down.

We got down to row 3 and she said would you like these for the same price. I knew she was in a spot and they had just changed my parking from red to blue. All of our tailgate buddies were in red and it's a lot easier to get out from ther rather then puple or orange and I wanted red back. I ask her what were the chances of getting red parking (I knew I could have asked for puple or whatever but like I said I like red) and she said if I didn't take these seats , it would take 5 or 6 years to get back in red but if I took them, she could probably get me red. (I would have taken the seats even if they made me walk on my hands to the stadium!) I told her to ask her boss and she came back and said OK!!!!!! 4 seats sec 140 row 3 16 yard line.

We like these seats so much that we decided not to go back to 3. I can yell to Pam Oliver and she turns around and waves! (I guess I am kind of LOUD!!!)

The point to this rambling is to request an odd number of seats, be content with anything in the lower bowl for a year and then give 1 seat up when you get to where you want to be. GOOD LUCK, I hope this helped

as far as I can tell, there have been NO standard upgrades from the upper deck to the lowers in the last few years, unless you pay the extra $ to join the tailgate club.

this isn't really mentioned by the skins, but it seems like this is their new policy.

>> I remember seeing a ticket map of the stadium. It showed the lower bowl between the 30's was Touchdown club and the rest of the lower bowl was Tailgate club.

The Touchdown Club is reserved for corporate partners of the Redskins, and the very wealthy. Needless to say, many of these seat occupants could care less about the outcome of the game. It's unfortunate for the real fans who have to sit in the 400 level, but $ talks and poor people walk (the ramps).

yeah, but all in all the 400 level is damn fun.

I still stand by the theory that no one has gotten a standard upgrade offer from the upper decks to the lowers (ie get on the waiting list for upgrades) without paying extra $$$ for tailgate/touchdown club or some sort of special circumstances involving a pillar.

I wonder --does Danny share the tailgate/touchdown funds with the league per standard revenue sharing, or is this a skins only revenue source?

Archived