Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The fans who Gibbs apologized to

robotfire

I just saw a piece on Fox's Redskins show with people who collected on Joe Gibbs' promise. They were the ones who saw the team off at 2-5. The piece also mentioned that these people were regular posters on ExtremeSkins. I saw somewhere some names of the involved. Did Gibbs personally give you the sweater, book, and hat? How did this all go down?

Incredible. PLUS they even made it on TV. I saw the ExtremeSkins banner, too. It was really exciting to see this talked about on TV. So who was who of those three? One guy's name was a black guy named Joe, I believe. He said that he feels like he's a part of the team, so whatever he can do to support the team is what he'll do. Another person they interviewed was a white girl, and I can't remember her name. She talked about supporting the Redskins in hard times, too.

Joe = black giuy = Sweet Sassy

Christie = White Girl = Huly

Adam = White Guy in Red Sweatshirt = DCSportsfan53

It's really weird to see real people being interviewed who post on this board. I always imagine that all of the posters are deformed freaks of nature like myself, but these people just seemed like really cool fans.

:laugh: You know me so well.
Did you see yourself on TV? You had all the poise of a great quarterback under pressure!

I wanna know more about what happened. How did you guys get interviewed? Where did you get that ExtremeSkins banner? Were all ten people who showed up members of ExtremeSkins? Did you get to meet anybody cool?

Did you see yourself on TV? You had all the poise of a great quarterback under pressure!

I wanna know more about what happened. How did you guys get interviewed? Where did you get that ExtremeSkins banner? Were all ten people who showed up members of ExtremeSkins? Did you get to meet anybody cool?

you should PM huly, she'll give you all the answers you want.

We went to Redskins Park to pick up the "something" that Joe Gibbs had for us. We were supposed to go to the security gate, but when we got there they told us Joe wanted us to actually go inside. So we went in (and let me just say, there's nothing like seeing the SB Trophies up close and personal) and waited. Joe was in a meeting but he left some stuff for us. An Autographed copy of his book, one of the Redskins Sideline Caps, and one of the player equipment practice shirts.

As we were leaving, we hear someone yelling, "Wait! Wait!", we turn around and it's CSN, Channel 7 and Channel 5 coming to talk to us. They wanted to interview us about our experience etc. Then they just wanted to get some filler shots, us holding up the banner and all.

The banner was Huly's idea, my design and 53 Bostic's printing.

I believe that all 10 people were ESer's. Me, Huly, DCsportsfan53, Grancelander, Skinsnatsfan (and his son). Those are the only ones I can remember. There were more obviously.

As far as anybody cool, well we met Joseph Jackson Gibbs, that's all that matters!

It's really weird to see real people being interviewed who post on this board. I always imagine that all of the posters are deformed freaks of nature like myself, but these people just seemed like really cool fans.

Speak for yourself. I'm one handsome SOB...................

We went to Redskins Park to pick up the "something" that Joe Gibbs had for us. We were supposed to go to the security gate, but when we got there they told us Joe wanted us to actually go inside. So we went in (and let me just say, there's nothing like seeing the SB Trophies up close and personal) and waited. Joe was in a meeting but he left some stuff for us. An Autographed copy of his book, one of the Redskins Sideline Caps, and one of the player equipment practice shirts.

As we were leaving, we hear someone yelling, "Wait! Wait!", we turn around and it's CSN, Channel 7 and Channel 5 coming to talk to us. They wanted to interview us about our experience etc. Then they just wanted to get some filler shots, us holding up the banner and all.

The banner was Huly's idea, my design and 53 Bostic's printing.

I believe that all 10 people were ESer's. Me, Huly, DCsportsfan53, Grancelander, Skinsnatsfan (and his son). Those are the only ones I can remember. There were more obviously.

As far as anybody cool, well we met Joseph Jackson Gibbs, that's all that matters!

That is TOTALLY sweet. It's a great story, and it makes me happy to know what kind of coach we have. Thanks!

Archived