Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We are bringing in another CB?

SmootDawg21

YES!

For those of you with short memories, Lloyd Harrison was our 3rd round pick a few years ago. He didn't even make the roster.

Pretty soon, we'll bring back Husak, Mookie More, and Mario Monds.

What do you all make of this? Is this a result of D Green's performance so far?

If I had to guess, it has nothing to do with D. Green whatsoever. Harrison is a safety (edit), or at least we had him at FS, if I remember correctly. This either means Andre Lott is a total bust, or Mike Stock really needs someone on the roster who is a decent special-teamer.

Harrison is the latest in a string of secondary players brought in. The team is looking to improve on special teams. If Harrison can run real fast, real straight and avoid a block or two, sign him.

We had three or four secondary people in last week but you guys didn't pick up on the names -- though at least one has some history in the league -- because it's inconsequential and normal. This just happens to be a name that we recognize is all.

As for Betts, he looked a hair like Mitchell, except Mitchell would have run over the kicker and ended the drama of the chase :)

Harrison is a corner and was cut because Marty wanted to keep his boy Greer. At the time most people on this board thought that was a mistake by Marty. He's worth a look because he could be the 3rd or 4th corner next year when the great one has retired.

Did we ever fill the practice squad spot that opened when the Bengals signed Coleman? I thought I read at the time that we would be looking at defensive back to fill that open spot.

Archived