Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ST looks tired of beeing the only Human Missle.

Skin Them Alive

Like many I agree that our D is the most dissapointing part of this team so far. They are plenty of other things wrong but the D is terrible. The tackling is terrible. Sean Taylor seems like the only one who strikes fear in the opposing teams. The problem is this seems to be wearing on him. Marcus Washington atleast makes his tackles but he looks like he his the only LB playing at times. It is like he is on a merry go round before every play and can't key in on what he needs to do. How can we go from being a good tackilng team to ateam that looks soft and can't tackle?

Like many I agree that our D is the most dissapointing part of this team so far. They are plenty of other things wrong but the D is terrible. The tackling is terrible. Sean Taylor seems like the only one who strikes fear in the opposing teams. The problem is this seems to be wearing on him. Marcus Washington atleast makes his tackles but he looks like he his the only LB playing at times. It is like he is on a merry go round before every play and can't key in on what he needs to do. How can we go from being a good tackilng team to ateam that looks soft and can't tackle?

His real problem is he can't cover anyone. He is very good laying the lumber but he consustantly gets beat because he is more concerned about "intimidating" players instead of playing his position properly. He has the same problem as Roy.

True enough ST can pop players well...but I agree, he has a hard time keeping up w/ receivers on their route. I still think he came in a bit heavier & slower this season.

You hit the nail on the head. Taylor looks a bit slower/sluggish this year as opposed to last year. What's up with that?

Okay. Last time that I'll say this:

Nine out of ten times, when it looks like Taylor is out of position, it is because he's compensating for someone else on our defense screwing up. ANY other player would be ten yards away from the play, but Taylor busts his ass just to be close enough to make it look like it's his fault. Watch the games. He really IS that good.

Okay. Last time that I'll say this:

Nine out of ten times, when it looks like Taylor is out of position, it is because he's compensating for someone else on our defense screwing up. ANY other player would be ten yards away from the play, but Taylor busts his ass just to be close enough to make it look like it's his fault. Watch the games. He really IS that good.

exactly he play is slacking because he is covering up for everyone elses butt! WE love you ST!

exactly he play is slacking because he is covering up for everyone elses butt! WE love you ST!

man, don't be blind. ST has single handedly given up TDs this year by making the SAME mistakes he made as a rookie. He still misses tackles going for the kill, he still bites on play fakes, he still takes bad angles to ball carriers (Jones-Drew's TD was all on Taylor in the Jags game, take the right angle and it's a 15 yard first down, not a 52 yard TD) and his coverage, especially man to man on TEs has slipped since last year (when it had slipped from 04). Don't get me wrong, he's still an excellent player, my favorite Redskin and I love him being here but that's not going to cause me to go blind to the plays he's giving up with poor decisions and fundamentals.

Archived