Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Exhibit A: Romo = Campbell

hokie4redskins

QB Rating means squat. It doesn't measure leadership, courage, and the ability to strike fear into the hearts of defenses(thus preventing them from stacking the g-d damn box on us). Sadly, Boonell has none of these traits anymore.

Anyway, we all know that Boonell's rating is a product of playing with some of the best WR + RB corps in the league, and their amazing YAC.

Well first off I bet with a full week of preperation Romo sits to pee wouldnt have looked so bad, and honestly he wasnt that bad...

I want Campbell to start w/a full week of practice so he is prepared, not thrown into the fire after running scout team all week...

Bad comparison if you ask me...

Jason Campbell was a first round pick and 4 year starter at national powerhouse Auburn. Tony Romo sits to pee played at Eastern Washington. We're 2-5 and done. What an original comparison. I thought nobody would draw these parallels watching this game. :rolleyes:
and JC went through how many OC's in his 4 yrs at aurburn?he's going through samething in DC,he needs familiarity ppl!!!!

Socrates, stop citing that 8th in the league nonsense. Most teams have had a bye already!

Look at passing yards per game:

Skins are 20th.

That puts the lie to at least one of your silly numbers.

Yeah because your stat selection is sooo much better.

Is it just because you hate brunell that you make refutable statistical arguments, Like you did in your "I did some research (re: o-line)" thread?

Or do you just like the taste of your own foot that much?

GO BRUNELL

Unlike Parcells, Gibbs isn't going to succumb to the chants of the fans who have absolutely no clue what they're talking about. Yeah, Bledsoe was putrid, but according to what seems like the majority of incessant whiners on this board, so is Brunell. What does Parcells do? He throws in an untested youngster who proceeds to suck just as bad as the able vet. Do you detect a theme?

Point being, all the Brunell bashers clamoring for Campbell would most likely see the same disappointment the Cowboys fans saw in Romo sits to pee. Glimmer of hope in the QB of the future? Sure. But until the fat lady sings on the Redskins hopes (and yeah, she's warming up backstage) Brunell is the one who gives us a shot at this point. When all is lost and Gibbs still refuses to put Campbell in for invaluable experience, then ***** and moan all you want. Until then......

:stfu:

Unlike Parcells, Gibbs isn't going to succumb to the chants of the fans who have absolutely no clue what they're talking about. Yeah, Bledsoe was putrid, but according to what seems like the majority of incessant whiners on this board, so is Brunell. What does Parcells do? He throws in an untested youngster who proceeds to suck just as bad as the able vet. Do you detect a theme?

Point being, all the Brunell bashers clamoring for Campbell would most likely see the same disappointment the Cowboys fans saw in Romo sits to pee. Glimmer of hope in the QB of the future? Sure. But until the fat lady sings on the Redskins hopes (and yeah, she's warming up backstage) Brunell is the one who gives us a shot at this point. When all is lost and Gibbs still refuses to put Campbell in for invaluable experience, then ***** and moan all you want. Until then......

:stfu:

Someone please post Brunell's record as the QB of the Redskins for 3 years.

When all is lost and Gibbs still refuses to put Campbell in for invaluable experience, then ***** and moan all you want. Until then......

Hello 2-5, can't beat the Titans at home. NEWSFLASH for you, ALL IS LOST!, and has been. People like you who see a miracle glimmer of hope as a legitimate reason to stay the course are just crowding the board with your blissful ignorance. Take it "I still believe in the tooth fairy" board.

Hello 2-5, can't beat the Titans at home. NEWSFLASH for you, ALL IS LOST!, and has been. People like you who see a miracle glimmer of hope as a legitimate reason to stay the course are just crowding the board with your blissful ignorance. Take it "I still believe in the tooth fairy" board.

Bush-mission-accomplished.jpg

How about, Romo sits to pee threw 2 td passes against that weak giants secondary. Wow, we managed a paltry 3 points. Mark does not take chances down the field. If he did, they would probably get picked and he knows he would be ridin the pine. If you dont like my probably story then STOP saying JC will probably struggle threads when you dont know what he might do, until he actually gets a chance.

Imagine our O with dinks and dunks , then bam, long bombs like i saw last night. You think the giants score 30+ dinking and dunking down the field??????

Romo sits to pee sat for three plus years "learning" and still comes out making rookie mistakes. So we sit JC for the rest of the year behind the vet and we go 6-10, 7-9 or something like that. We start off next year with Brunell again, just saying, and he again proves ineffective, it's not as if he's going to magically get better (he'll be 40 for crimany sakes), so 4-5-6 games into the season we throw JC to wolves and watch him make his rookie mistakes. We now have squandered two seasons of "the future is now" attitude.

Anyone holding onto hopes of this season with our injuries, our defense and our obvious learning curve in the new offensive system are the same guys who really think they have a shot at sex with Kate Beckinsale.

Jason Campbell makes good decisions, Romo sits to pee does not. This team needs a spark, and has no chance this season. There is no reason NOT to put campbell in. There is to no reason to GIVE BRUNELL more playing time. Snaps given to brunell are wasted snaps that Campbell could be using to get better. That's the bottom line, and that's the only point that matters right now for the team. Sure the D sucks, sure Brunell has more TD's than INTs. IT DOESNT MATTER. WHEN will you people understand this?? The only thing that matters is that EVERY snap BRUNELL takes is a wasted snap that CAMPBELL does NOT get to have. For the 99th time. THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS.

What does Parcells do? He throws in an untested youngster who proceeds to suck just as bad as the able vet.

Point being, all the Brunell bashers clamoring for Campbell would most likely see the same disappointment the Cowboys fans saw in Romo sits to pee.

The point you missed, however, is that Romo sits to pee was not prepared to play. He hasn't been getting the reps in practice, but even more important is the fact that he has not seen any playing time in about 7 weeks, since pre-season, so his rust was showing.

This was a very poor decision by Parcell, sending in a very rusty unprepared player. This was nothing more than a recipe for disaster. But Parcell's took the risk figuring that things couldn't get much worse than they already were.

When its time to give Campbell his shot, you can be sure that Gibbs will prepare him beforehand, unless unforeseen injuries occur.

Jason Campbell makes good decisions, Romo sits to pee does not.

Based on what? That Romo sits to pee actually has played and JC has not? :laugh: Comparing the two is foolish. There are SO MANY differences that are known to us without having to make assumptions like " Jason can throw the deep ball" and "Jason can make good decisions".

Here's a few:

-Romo sits to pee sat for 3 years before getting a look at by his head coach.

-Jason hasn't sat 2 years yet.

-Romo sits to pee actually had the confidence of his coaches. That's why he played as much as he did in preseason and was the solid lock for #2 QB, anf there was talk of him being #1 right from the start. ( Not by homer fans mind you, rumors that surrounded the organization and coaching staff there )

-Jason does NOT have the confidence of the coaching staff at all. That's why he isn't even the solid #2 QB here.

-Romo sits to pee actually threw the ball in college. Granted it was Division I-AA but he won all sorts of college awards, including the Walter Payton Award, for top player. He was in a system setup for throwing the football.

-Jason did NOT. Anyone who saw him play knows that Auburn's offense was based on not ONE, but TWO 1000 yard rushers!

Now, all that being said, I have always been a fan that supported the QB who the coaches decided to place behind center. However, as I see the season slip away, I don't see any reason for JC not to play. I only hope that I am dead wrong in thinking that drafting him as a future starting QB was a stretch beyond imagination. I didn't like his play in college, I didn't like when he was drafted, and I have seen next to nothing from him in preseason when he has played against scrubs. ( sorry, let's be honest, he showed nothing but a few nice scrambles out of the pocket) Either way, whoever is under center come Dallas day I will support as the QB of my football team. An aged Brunell, or a green Campbell. Either one, whichever the coaches decide, will be my guy on that day. :logo:

Unlike Dallas, our pathedic team is 2-5 with no signs of life. I get really sick of people saying for years now that he "gives us the best chance at winning." Well since he has been here he has a losing record so that chance of winning every week isnt very high.

Hhahahaha... well put. However, he really IS our best chance of winning.... Sad isn't it?

Basically we need to drop all 3 of them and get a whole new crew of QB's..... oh and Defensive linemen.... oh and CB's too..... oh wait... Offensive linemen.... oh... we need some good LB's... hmm.. that shoudl about do it.... Then maybe we won't suck. MAYBE

-Romo sits to pee actually threw the ball in college. Granted it was Division I-AA but he won all sorts of college awards, including the Walter Payton Award, for top player. He was in a system setup for throwing the football.

-Jason did NOT. Anyone who saw him play knows that Auburn's offense was based on not ONE, but TWO 1000 yard rushers!

:logo:

i guess winning sec player of the year and mvp of the sec championship games arent awards anymore.

did you hear what i said, by the way.... SEC PLAYER OF THE YEAR

Based on what? That Romo sits to pee actually has played and JC has not? :laugh: Comparing the two is foolish. There are SO MANY differences that are known to us without having to make assumptions like " Jason can throw the deep ball" and "Jason can make good decisions".

Here's a few:

-Romo sits to pee sat for 3 years before getting a look at by his head coach.

-Jason hasn't sat 2 years yet.

-Romo sits to pee actually had the confidence of his coaches. That's why he played as much as he did in preseason and was the solid lock for #2 QB, anf there was talk of him being #1 right from the start. ( Not by homer fans mind you, rumors that surrounded the organization and coaching staff there )

-Jason does NOT have the confidence of the coaching staff at all. That's why he isn't even the solid #2 QB here.

Now, all that being said, I have always been a fan that supported the QB who the coaches decided to place behind center. However, as I see the season slip away, I don't see any reason for JC not to play. I only hope that I am dead wrong in thinking that drafting him as a future starting QB was a stretch beyond imagination. I didn't like his play in college, I didn't like when he was drafted, and I have seen next to nothing from him in preseason when he has played against scrubs. ( sorry, let's be honest, he showed nothing but a few nice scrambles out of the pocket) Either way, whoever is under center come Dallas day I will support as the QB of my football team. An aged Brunell, or a green Campbell. Either one, whichever the coaches decide, will be my guy on that day. :logo:

Based on his college play. Based on his pre-season play. He manages a team. You don't go 13-0 with a good team unless you can, if nothing else, manage a game. That means not making stupid plays. Brunell can manage a game, but he can't do anything athletically. Campbell can manage a game, and he can also throw downfield and elude pass rushers. I'll choose campbell.

Archived