Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What to watch! Playcallers at MLB and QB? JC vs MB and Lemar vs ???

kingarthur65

"Believe it or not" the colts will try to run the ball, that is the scouting report on the skins. We will need to stop the run and get off the field on 3rd down.

Lamar Marshall has to have a big game this week! If he can't do it, we may look at MCune (sp?). The middle lb position needs to have a big game against the draws and sweeps. Marshall was beat many times over the last 2 weeks, he needs to step up and have a big game this week.

I cant tell you how many times I saw the same play over and over again last week. Many of those plays would isolate Marshall on the RB. Marshall is not playing well at the line of srimmage)

We need a MLB to take control and make this defense work. GW can't go out there and make plays. The Players have to do that. I think making a move at MLB is almost as big as Qb, but I think this is what is needed at this point.

<UPDATE?> I just noticed that K. Campbell is listed as our 2nd string MLB... that's ok with me, i dont think we can do much worse at that position.

Bottom line, I am convinced that the MLB position is hurting our defense right now.

Why the hell didn't we sign Pierce. I mean we all scrached out heads about this one especially after the 04 season when the D was increadible with him calling the D plays. Anyway the fact of the matter is if we can get KC to play MLB well then Lamar can go back into OLB where he was in 04 and played very well. IMO loosing Pierce was one of the worse decisions the coaching staff ever made.

AP is the only FA that we made a mistake on. He not only made great calls but he made big plays. I think he'll eventually wear down for the Giants. Because they have a different scheme. Maybe he's so bitter because he knows that GW's scheme was tailor made for him.

I've watched Marshall in three games this year and he can't get off a block. Plus, he had a chance to set the tone for 'his' defense in the Giants game. GW called the perfect run blitz and he missed Tiki 6 yards in the backfield. We went downhill from there.

Lemar Marshall played great for us last year. Better than Pierce IMO. Yea he has been struggling a bit this year but I expect him to pick it up. Marcus Washington has been extremely disappointing this year. Against the Giants MW threw up after a hit by Brandon Jacobs. It was sad watching the leader of our defense being punked like that.

While I do think that our MLB and our defense needs to play solid I think that as good as Peytons vision and knowledge is it will difficult for ANY MLB to get the right play called. In the past we have heard occasions of other players calling out our plays and this is a sitation where Peytons studying and dedication to the game have proven over and over again that whatever play and coverage is called by the D, Peyton is able to counteract it with a better one of his own.

He is a great QB and everything will have to be simple and solid for our D to keep us in the game.

Why the hell didn't we sign Pierce. I mean we all scrached out heads about this one especially after the 04 season when the D was increadible with him calling the D plays. Anyway the fact of the matter is if we can get KC to play MLB well then Lamar can go back into OLB where he was in 04 and played very well. IMO loosing Pierce was one of the worse decisions the coaching staff ever made.

GW's got a big ego, and thinks he can stick anyone in at any position and still have a top 5 D. By cutting out AP, who he thought expendable, it would allow him to spend mucho cash on toys like Arch.

Archived