Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Colts vs. Redskins Prediction Thread

JJredskins00

Yes, because of the Ball Coach's approach to speaking to the players up close and not staying on the negative side of things, it allows some closure on better understanding of staying with fundamentals - whew (that was too long :laug: )

The Skins don't take the Colts lightly and are tired of getting smacked around at home:

Skins 45

Colts 13

Since Spurrier arrived in Washington, the Redskins have not proven they can focus at home. The Redskins have played atrocious at home. Maybe Tre Johnson can become the locker room leader they have missed, since they let Coleman go. Bruce Smith and the other veterans certainly have not filled that void. So, even if the Big Banga cannot play much against the Colts, it will be good to have his leadership back! Unfortunately, the Colts will give the Redskins all they can handle and more. The Redskins need to force turnovers, which they seemed to have forgotten how to do this year. If they win the turnover battle, they will have a chance...if not, it will be another long night.

With Indy winning turnover battle:

Indianapolis 31

Washington 20

With Washington winning turnover battle:

Washington 31

Indianapolis 27

Originally posted by Fred Smoot Fan

Skins 10

Colts 40

Davis fumbles inside the 20 on our first drive Colts recover and James runs it in.

We got 3 and out alot. Halftime 21-3 Colts we score garbage TD in the 4th.

Wow! A lot of faith in your team.

Skins 23

Colts 13

Redskins defense puts it together and scores on a TO.

Smootie,:laugh:

I think Fred Smoot is due for a break-out game. If he stops falling and dropping all those interceptions, the Redskins will win! So, what I am saying is that if the Redskins lose, I am blaming you!:laugh:

This is the game our defense has two touchdowns, and I would like to think Smoot will have one of those scores!

Smoot is not the problem here, although he does have hands of stone but can't really blame the guy thats why he plays CB instead of WR. The thing is our already pathetic oline is now even worse and we have Shane "warning, fragile" Matthews under center if he lasts 2 quarters I will be surprised.

FSF? did you really pick that? wow.... I am shocked! Shocked i say that you would pick against the Skins. Surprised I tell ya. :rolleyes:

Indy may be in the beginning of a little struggle here. Peyton seemed to force things a little the other night. Skins are banged up up front on the Oline.... hmmmmmmm Can't bet against them this week. Think the defense continues to show improvement and gives manning fits. James has tough game too. Matthews a little rusty but comes on strong later in game. Burns Indy D with a couple of deep ones, (because they won't think he can or will), and Skins win. 24 -17. Will be painful to watch every now and then. Davis with 100 + yds.

I am not worried if Matthews is injured....we have Patrick Ramsey we can turn to. Our offensive line will be exploited by Dungy...so what Spurrier needs to do is pull out that screen pass that worked so well against New Orleans. Use Betts and Watson, use some clever reverse plays. You can cover your weaknesses by being creative, which Spurrier is. But, the Redskins have to protect the football. Everything I learned about good football, I learned in the Gibbs Era. Maybe the Redskins should be forced to read one his books on how to be a champion on and off the field. Hey, it works for the Lakers. Phil Jackson knows how to mentally prepare his team, by assigning books for his players to read. Half of the Redskin's problems could be solved if they fix their psyche. In fact, the Redskins are their own worst enemy right now! We have the talent, but have too many bone-headed plays a game. You bet, I think we should try anything at this point, including Zen!

I hate to come up on the pessimistic side of things, but if I'm going to be honest about my prediction I'd have to go with the Colts ... 27-20.

Of course, I can be a homer with the best of them too, in which case I'd go Skins 24-17. :)

Didn't say we COULDN'T beat them, ND, only that I was very optimistic based on the errors I've seen over the last couple of weeks.

One could also say that if Detroit, with no running game and either a rookie or a weak QB starting could beat the Saints, we should have beaten them. But we didn't.

Archived