Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Four Simple Moves to Turn the Franchise Around

SkinsNoles21

I disagree with this post 100%.

Making more changes will not solve anything. Gibbs already made changes by hiring Al Saunders, and bringing in the guys he did this year.

We need to stick with what we have right now. Period. As soon as this team learns to play together, we're going to be scary good. And not with Jason Campbell at the helm. Not yet, anyways.

Once the season is over, then I will be screaming for Jason Campbell, but until then I'm supporting Brunell.

Smart man, I like you.

One of the major issues has always been too much change.

Glad to see some of the fan base begin to see this.

Kudos

Let's just hope Campbell is half of what you all think he is. There are a lot of young, strong-armed, and elusive guys out there but a great QB understands the game. Watch Peyton this weekend. I'll give Campbell a 50-50 chance until I've seen something more out of him. By the way, there is a whole crew of coaches with more NFL experience than any of us making that decsion right now.

Campbell could be absolutely terrible. Yes, he could be but, has anyone been watching Brunell play the last three years. I am so sick of hearing this "Brunell gives us the best chance to win" argument. It's complete baloney. We have open receivers that he doesn't even look to. I keep hearing "this is a knee jerk reaction". How so? Brunell has been here for three years and has been terrible the entire time with the exception of half of last year. A knee jerk reaction would Brunell having two excellent seasons here and having a couple of bad games this year and everyone calling for his head. He hasn't been playing well for quite sometime.

As for the defense, the defense has not been playing well. But I am willing to give Greg Williams and our D the benefit of the doubt becuase they played well in 2004 and 2005. The Brunell sympathizers on this board are having a knee jerk reaction to our defense and Greg Williams. Yes things haven't been going well for the D this year but at least they have showed us something in the last few years under Williams. Our offense has been a joke for sometime now. Our QB has also been a joke for sometime now.

Gibbs is not infallable. He is a great coach but his not God. He is not perfect. He is capable of making a mistake. Back in 2004, Brunell was actually managing to look worse than he is now and it took 9 games and several less than 100 yard passing games for Gibbs to bench him. Gibbs' loyalty to his players is one of his greatest assests but in the case of Brunell it is a detriment to the team.

The argument for keeping Brunell as it has previously been stated has proven inadequate. A veteran QB is supposed to see the field. Brunell does not. A veteran QB isn't supposed to lock on to his targets. Brunell does. A veteran QB is supposed to minimize his mistakes. Ever since he has gotten here he has made questionable decisions in the passing game. He has thrown several passes that should have been picked and luckily for us they weren't. Everything Brunell is doing wrong would be expected from a young inexperienced QB. If he is going to play like a young QB, we should bench him and put in a young QB that will improve. Brunell is declining physically and all of his experience doesn't mean anything if he is physically unable to do the job.

Campbell could be absolutely terrible. Yes could be but has anyone been watching Brunell play the last three years. I am so sick of hearing this "Brunell gives up the best chance to win" argument. Its complete baloney. We have open receivers that he doesn't even look to. I keep hearing "this is a knee jerk reaction". How so? Brunell has been here for three years and has been terrible the entire time with the exception of half of last year. A knee jerk reaction would Brunell having two excellent seasons here and having a couple of bad games this year and everyone calling for his head. He hasn't been playing well for quite sometime.

As for the defense, the defense has not been playing well. But I am willing to give Greg Williams and our D the benefit of the doubt becuase they played well in 2004 and 2005. The Brunell sympathizers on this board are having a knee jerk reaction to our defense and Greg Williams. Yes things haven't been going well for the D this year but at least they have showed us something in the last few years under Williams. Our offense has been a joke for sometime now. Our QB has been a joke for sometime now.

Gibbs is not infallable. He is a great coach but his not God. He is not perfect. He is capable of making a mistake. Back in 2004, Brunell was actually managing to look worse than he is now and it took 9 games and several less than 100 yard passing games for Gibbs to bench him. Gibbs' loyalty to his players is one of his greatest assests but in the case of Brunell it is a detriment to the team.

The argument for keeping Brunell as started has proven inadequate. A veteran QB is supposed to see the field. Brunell does not. A veteran QB isn't supposed to lock on to his targets. Brunell does. A veteran QB is supposed to minimize his mistakes. Ever since he has gotten here he has made questionable decisions in the passing game. He has thrown several passes that should have been picked and luckily for us they weren't. Everything Brunell is doing wrong would be expected from a young inexperienced QB. If he is going to play like a young QB, we should bench him and put in a young QB that will improve. Brunell is declining physically and all of his experience doesn't mean anything if he is physically unable to do the job.

Dude, I feel your pain and present this arguement to Brunell lovers but Brunell lovers will always believe in weak ass, noodle arm Brunell leading us to glory :doh: :laugh: .

So ****ing pathetic.

Dude, I feel your pain and present this arguement to Brunell lovers but Brunell lovers will always believe in weak ass, noodle arm Brunell leading us to glory :doh: :laugh: .

So ****ing pathetic.

Whats pathetic is your post.

Can you be any more blatenly biased.

All that does is make your opinion worthless, because we already know your biases.

Welcome to ignore.

Archived